Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging into Maryland????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slugging into Maryland????
    Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 8:10am
I have also heard slugging in Maryland is considered "hitch-hiking" which is illegal. That may be the reason for the lack of slugging in MD.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 6:44pm
Why not pick up slugs to Rosslyn or Pentagon and then jump on the GW Parkway to I-495 north to MD and then hit I-270. In the AM you would be going against traffic for most of the commute once you discharged your slugs. PM commute could be problematic though.
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 7:42am
Thanks for the info.

I already can't stand traffic commutting into Crystal City. I think I'll look else where. Hopefully I can find something where my commute doesn't include 95/395! :)
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 7:37am
Never heard of anyone slugging to Rockville or anywhere else in Maryland. [B)]

From what I've heard, driving from NoVa to work in Maryland really stinks. [xx(] I also hear it isn't as bad if you are an early (before 6:15 AM) commuter. But during primary rush hours,I think "sbouncer's" estimates are good -- but may be a bit shorter than reality. Biggest bottlenecks you'll face are the Mixing Bowl, getting from Little River Turnpike past Tyson's Corner on the beltway, and then geting across the American Legion Bridge into Maryland. Once you get past all that and onto I-270 northbound, you will be going opposite the rush hour traffic. And of course, you will have the usual I-95 issues south of Springfield both mornings and afternoons. [:(]

God bless you, and lots of luck if you do end up working in Rockville and living south of Springfield. [:I]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 6:37am
There is no slugging into Maryland. As far as the traffic goes getting from Springfield to Rockville and back during the normal AM/PM rush hours will more than likely be worse than 95/395. Anytime you have to cross the bridge plan on extra time. If I had to guess plan on at least one hour and fifteen minutes in the morning and probably longer in the afternoon.
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2005 at 5:24pm
I currently work in Arlington, so slugging is readily available. Possibly looking for a new job that could be in Maryland. Is there such a thing as slugging into Maryland?

If not, does anyone know how the traffic is going to Rockville, Maryland during the normal AM and PM rush from Springfield, VA? Is it anything like driving up 95/395 into DC?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic