Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walking the Line - Backwards!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walking the Line - Backwards!
    Posted: 30 Apr 2005 at 5:41am
It has happened at least a dozen times - Rolling Valley, I'm at the front of the driver's line and I watch people walking from parking their cars asking the cars BEHIND me where they're going then getting into the first car they find is going their way - the ultimate in laziness. Drivers, if you're back in the line and someone asks where you're going as they make their way up front, please don't let them jump in without making their way to the front. I'll do the same for you.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2005 at 7:25am
Hondu,
There are a lot of new slugs with gas prices up. Most of them don't bother to read or ask about the customs and courtesies. For the most part I haven't had any problems like this, though on snowy and rainy days as I pull into the parking lot, I'll hear some slugs calling out their destinations as they walk toward the line, hoping to get picked up before they get soaked.

If you read some of these forums, you'll see that the majority of slugs feel they bring 100% of the value to slugging, so whatever they decide is acceptable, the drivers must accept.

I guess we all have to remember that this is an informal process, so while certain behaviors may annoy, they aren't illegal. Some call slugging informal carpooling, while others consider it formal hitchhiking - take your pick.

On the oppossite side, there are a lot of drivers (especially at the Pentagon) who call from the end of the line, rather than wait their turn.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 8:30am
Wow...whats next. Lazy slugs waiting under the overpass at the Pentagon HOV entrance with a Horner Road sign - so they wont have to walk over to the waiting line in South Parking lot? Actually, Ive seen that happen on rainy days. Oh well - to each his own!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic