Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn to Herndon Monroe Park & Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn to Herndon Monroe Park & Ride
    Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:57am
I have read in the past that there are not many folks who pick up riders across from the Rosslyn metro and drop them off at the Herndon Monroe Park & ride. Is this still true? Any thoughts?

I wouldn't want to walk to the slug line and then wait for a ride that may never come when I could just walk to the metro and be on my way home. [:(]

Thanks

Merlin
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 10:32am
At any slug line, one gets in line and takes one's chances that a driver will show up. And then, we need to rely on public transportation as our back-up.

Fortunately, it's easy to find afternoon riders and drivers in Rosslyn or at the Pentagon for Rolling Valley Mall and other Old Keene Mill Rd (VA 644) locations.

Good luck.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:20pm
I couldn't agree more that you take the chance when you slug.

I guess I should have been more clear. On this website - it indicates that the HM Park & ride is a morning only slug line and that no cars are picking up riders to go to Herndon. Has an afternoon slug line developed at all from Rosslyn to H&M?

Merlin
stewart View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 3:12pm
I'll slug both ways. In between 8:30 and 9 and leaving at 5:00.

quote:
Originally posted by merlin
[br]I couldn't agree more that you take the chance when you slug.

I guess I should have been more clear. On this website - it indicates that the HM Park & ride is a morning only slug line and that no cars are picking up riders to go to Herndon. Has an afternoon slug line developed at all from Rosslyn to H&M?

Merlin

yito View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 9:25am
I need to pick up slugs from Rosslyn around 5-5:30pm and drop off at Herndon Monroe today. 6/14/05. Please email me if you need a ride.
Sterlingslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 3:41pm
Oops I just started a new thread before I saw this one.

Drivers, try recruiting slugs (or opportunists) from the 5A bus line across from McDonalds that goes to Herndon/Monroe then Dulles. Look for the people with suitcases waiting for a bus... Signs definitely help.

merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 3:12pm
SterlingSlug:

Have you had any feedback on forming a slug line from Rosslyn to Herndon/Monroe? It didn't seem like there was any responses on the message board.

I think it would be a great idea to start one either by Continental or the 5a bus!

I have tried to initiate conversation with the morning driver for a return trip but often times it doesn't work because of departure time or the driver is driving into DC and is kind enough to drop me off at Rosslyn in the morning and won't be returning to Rosslyn in the PM.

Merlin

Merlin
tysinb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysinb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:49pm
I need someone to ride with me everyday from Ballston Metro to Herndon/Monroe. I get off work at 5pm

Kevin Blanger
tysinb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysinb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:55pm
Can you make it to Ballston Metro?

quote:
Originally posted by merlin

I have read in the past that there are not many folks who pick up riders across from the Rosslyn metro and drop them off at the Herndon Monroe Park & ride. Is this still true? Any thoughts?

I wouldn't want to walk to the slug line and then wait for a ride that may never come when I could just walk to the metro and be on my way home. [:(]

Thanks

Merlin

Kevin Blanger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic