Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delegate Jeff Frederick@234 Lot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 234slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 9:06am
Delegate Jeff Frederick rocks!

I'm sick and tired of parking on the shoulder, on the edge of the lot, or returning home to bun a ride to the lot because there was no parking.

Bluiyez View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluiyez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 9:07am
Jeff Frederick is a great guy who actually listens AND takes action on concerns of this community. He cares about the quality of life of the people he represents. As communters, hasn't slugging improved your quality of life? Hasn't it afforded you less travel time, less stress, and more family time? God bless Jeff for being willing to take a risk and successfully fund the expansion of the 234 lot.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:03am
This blog has been brought to you from the "Committee to Praise Delegate Jeff Frederick"...
Frank0756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank0756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:59am
It seems from all I’ve heard, that Mr. Frederick is one of the few politicians that works hard for slugs and supports us… So why do you care if we praise his hard work for sluggers and commuters?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:02am
Hey "Committee"!

Get Jeff onboard the Ft Belvoir bandwagon! [:p]

We need his support now to fix the future gridlock his constituents will endure as they sit parked on local roads for hours trying to get to their new work locations at Ft Belvoir. [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:17am
HMMM..I was just curious why the members posting on this topic are "New". All of the members praising Jeff have but 1 or 2 posts. Maybe 3. Just curious that maybe these new members are current members of his campaign team? Hmm? Oh well, its all fun in the political game to get recognized...even if it is on a slugging web site.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 12:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by RobertLangDirect
[br]Delegate Jeff Frederick was central in getting funds to expand the 234 lot. The Horner Road Commuter Lot folks should note this, too!

Commuters from the Horner Road lot should know that Jeff is one of their best friends. I spoke to Jeff a while ago concerning Horner Road. I know that it is a fine line to walk, balancing the need to respect the County against that of the commuting constituency and I believe Jeff did strike a more than reasonable balance. While patiently watching Corey Stewart pushing for the recent resolution, Jeff was guarding the back door, in a manner, encouraging the County while ensuring that VDoT wasn't going to sell us out.

That said, Jeff followed up on the County's Resolution with a second letter, to the VDoT Commissioner, not only backing the need for more parking but also stressing that a good portion of the parcel is usable, as is.

See the second letter:
http://home.comcast.net/~robertlangdirect//Frederick_Letter_to_Commissioner_Shucet.pdf

For all commuters, not just 234 and Horner Road, but all commuters, your really should support Frederick. I hope to see you at the 234 lot 21 May at 3:30 PM.

For what it is worth. Seniority DOES count in the Virginia General Assembly. How much of your income goes to the Commonwealth of Virginia? How much goes to your County? Are you getting your money's worth?

I will say that Delegate Frederick is the Patron (writes and backs) on more bills that, in my opinion, actually help the people of northern Virginia rather than line the pockets of the fat cats.

If you aren't satisfied with the status quo, do some research to see why it is the way it is.

dickboyd@aol.com
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 12:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]HMMM..I was just curious why the members posting on this topic are "New". All of the members praising Jeff have but 1 or 2 posts. Maybe 3. Just curious that maybe these new members are current members of his campaign team? Hmm? Oh well, its all fun in the political game to get recognized...even if it is on a slugging web site.

Maybe the "new" members have been lurking and have finally found a topic for discussion?

What are the issues? Which candidtates support slugging?

dickboyd@aol.com
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:17pm
Geez, RLD. All Baz meant was that three of the posts immediately before Baz's were from new posters. That's all. It IS interesting that three new people all decided to make their first post on the same topic. I read Baz's post as tongue-in-cheek humor.....
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 7:32pm
Thanks carleric..it was just in fun...in a curious sort of way. I think RLDs post was "funny" too. I will bare something for you...but it probably wont be my soul ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic