Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delegate Jeff Frederick@234 Lot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delegate Jeff Frederick@234 Lot
    Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:26pm
Everyone:

I received a flier in the mail yesterday from Jeff Frederick, Delegate of the 52nd District.

The flier indicates that he is hosting a Campaign Kick off Rally at the 234 lot. In speaking with and having knowledge of his campaign, I can say that he was a major player and proponent of getting the 234 lot expanded and I found that Jeff is very concerned about the current traffic and commuting issues that we face in our area. I will type the flier below as it reads:

Please Join Us for the Re-Elect Jeff Frederick/Delegate Campaign Kick-Off Rally

When: Saturday, May 21, 2005 @ 3:30pm.
Where: Route 234/I-95/Route 1 Commuter Lot
(on north side of Dumfries Road/234 near Route 1/Jefferson Davis Hwy intersection)

Who will be there: Special guests from our federal, state and local governments and everyday heroes of the 52nd district.

For more information about this event please contact Ted Prill at ted@votejeff.com. Visit www.votejeff.com.

defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 7:56am
I pulled this off "The 234 Report," that is RLD's home page. It is the flyer from the Frederick campaign.

http://home.comcast.net/~robertlangdirect/Jeff_Frederick_Campaign_Kickoff.pdf

As RDL says, Jeff pushed hard to get the funding.

We need to have 50 like-minded, commuter-friendly delegates in Richmond.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 10:26am
This is what the guy was talking about at the 234 lot.

I am new to the area.

Is this true?

What do you know about Jeff Frederick?

Should I support him?

quote:
Originally posted by RobertLangDirect
[br]Jeff was central in getting the funds that will expand the 234 lot.

People at Horner Road need to know that Jeff is a true friend of the commuter. I spoke to Jeff a while ago concerning Horner Road. I know that it is a fine line to walk, balancing the need to respect the County against that of the commuting constituency and I believe Jeff did strike a more than reasonable balance. While patiently watching Corey Stewart pushing for the recent resolution, Jeff was guarding the back door, in a manner, encouraging the County while ensuring that VDoT wasn't going to sell us out.

That said, Jeff followed up on the County's Resolution with a second letter, to the VDoT Commissioner, not only backing the need for more parking but also stressing that a good portion of the parcel is usable, as is.

See the second letter:
http://home.comcast.net/~robertlangdirect//Frederick_Letter_to_Commissioner_Shucet.pdf

For all commuters, not just 234 and Horner Road, but all commuters, your really should support Frederick. I hope to see you at the 234 lot 21 May at 3:30 PM.

DanMadeup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanMadeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:05am
quote:
Originally posted by SuzAnne
[br]This is what the guy was talking about at the 234 lot.

I am new to the area.

Is this true?

What do you know about Jeff Frederick?

Should I support him?

There are more than a few of us who will tell you, Yes! Jeff Frederick supports SLUGGING!

Jeff Frederick eent out on a limb to SUCCESSFULLY fund the 234 expansion.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?051+bud+21-492

Jeff Frederick wrote the VDOT Commissioner, adding his voice to PW BOCS, to retain rather than sell the land adjacent to the Horner Road lot. http://home.comcast.net/~robertlangdirect//Frederick_Letter_to_Commissioner_Shucet.pdf

You should actively support Jeff Frederick. Also, tell him that you support Jeff Frederick because Jeff Frederick supports slugging. Also, you actively support Jeff Frederick, expecting that Jeff Frederick will work to fund the future expansion of Horner Road.
montclairdave View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montclairdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:27am
Jeff is and has been very active in our district and in my community of Montclair. He is the reason why we will soon have a bigger 234 commuter lot which will make "slugging" in the Dumfries/Montclair area a lot easier. It is nice to see person like Jeff in office who actually listens to what the concerns of the cummunity are and gets things done! It is one thing to talk about issues but action is the key and Jeff takes action.
scotttorg82 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotttorg82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 7:24pm
I concur...Jeff Frederick is THE primary reason the 234 lot will be expanded. I also agree with "defender", we need more gentlemen like him in Richmond! I look forward to seeing you all at the 234 lot on 21 May to help Jeff kick off his campaign for re-election (he's getting my vote for sure).

scotttorg82
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:29am
Dan, Dave, and Scott, and everyone else!

Thank you for the information and the links.

I'll see you there!
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:39pm
Frederick was on the local cable access channel a month or so ago. He actually said "slugs" and "slugging" while commending us for forming and running this "informal car-pool" that is vital to our regional transportation solution.
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 12:28pm
Delegate Frederick is the Special Guest of the Committee To Save HOV at a general membership meeting on May 24th @ 7PM Ferrlazzo Building - Locust Shade Conference Room. After you go to his Kick-off on Saturday come out and visit with him on Tuesday!

We'll also discuss the Committee To Save HOV's plans for the summer months and the latest update on everything HOT!

www.SaveHOV.org
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 8:37pm
GREAT POINT SHIRONS, All the Better Reason to get out there on Saturday AND on May 24th! Im going, I hope to see lots of folks at these events! [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic