Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Etiquette w/one friend and one stranger in the car
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette w/one friend and one stranger in the car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etiquette w/one friend and one stranger in the car
    Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:28pm
A friend of mine is going to be one of my slugs after work on Friday. This is the first time I've ever taken a non-stranger along with me down the HOV. [8D]

What's the standard slugging etiquette on conversation when the driver has someone he knows in the passenger seat? Should we not talk to give the second slug a quiet ride, or is it okay to carry on a conversation?

Thanks.
salsita View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:31pm
It's your car, do what you want!
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:51pm
I would say talking between you and your friend is fine, but be courteous and don't expect the passenger to join in.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:51pm
Ditto salsita!
Talk it up, jam to some Bluegrass. You're buying the car and the gas.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 7:18am
As someone who's ridden as a stranger in that scenario - talk all you want, but I'd suggest keeping personal stuff to a minimum and pay attention to your driving. I've been in cars where the driver is so engaged in conversation with their friend they've forgotten the agreed upon drop off. (and it was hard to get a word in to remind them)
JK 14 n G View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK 14 n G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:25pm
I would agree that you should save the personal chat for later...as another person who's been the stranger, your sexploits or your husband's problems with ED do not make for a comfortable ride! While you shouldn't expect a slug to partake in your conversation, you also should not be surprised if the other slug decides to join in.

Let's fill up the Rt. 17 lot and ease up on Mine Rd.!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic