Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P.M. slug lines from 14th. and Constitution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singing_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P.M. slug lines from 14th. and Constitution
    Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:05am
Will begin working at the Ronald Reagan Building at the end of June 2005. I know I can slug in to this location in the A.M. (i.e., 14th. and Constitution). Are there any slug lines down to the Rt. 610 (north or south lots) or Rt. 630 lots from 14th and Constitution or do I need to metro to the Pentagon and slug from there? If there are no slug lines from 14th. and Constitution to Stafford and points south, is anyone else interested in starting one?

Singing_mom

Singing_mom
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:25pm
There is a Stafford 610 line at 14th and G, I work across the street from the Reagan Bldg, so we have the same commute. It is easier getting a ride to/from the new lot on Mine Road. But, it really depends on the time of day you work, I work 7:30 to 4, so I use the new lot in, and either 14th and G to get home, or the Pentagon, I find the Pentagon lines move alot faster, and you dont feel as if getting home is a lost cause, it seems to be taking longer and longer these days from the 14th street line. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

:'}
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:00pm
I have been wondering about this issue for quite some time. I currently slug from 610 into DC rather than the pentagon. In the afternoons, depending on Metro connections, it can take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to get from my place of work (on the Red line) to the pentagon. I could get to 14th and G in about ten minutes, but I have always wondered how long I would have to wait to get a ride. I would be getting there shortly after 4:00 as well. I have also worried about getting there and then having to walk to another metro if no one picks me up there. Or being the only one there, having a driver pick me up and we head to the pentagon to get a third.

The morning slug system works so well, and the DC line keeps getting longer and longer each morning at 610. It seems there are alot of people slugging into DC. Does everyone go to the Pentagon in the afternoon? Can drivers please post whether they use 14 and G to pick up in the afternoon, or any other preference for locations in DC where they would like to pick up passengers and the time of day they would like to do so. It would seem like the Pentagon is a place to avoid in the afternoon and yet there doesn't seem to be anywhere else other than the pentagon for riders to go to get back to 610. Any comments on this post would be appreciated...
singing_mom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singing_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]There is a Stafford 610 line at 14th and G, I work across the street from the Reagan Bldg, so we have the same commute. It is easier getting a ride to/from the new lot on Mine Road. But, it really depends on the time of day you work, I work 7:30 to 4, so I use the new lot in, and either 14th and G to get home, or the Pentagon, I find the Pentagon lines move alot faster, and you dont feel as if getting home is a lost cause, it seems to be taking longer and longer these days from the 14th street line. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Thanks. I used to vanpool to the RRB until I went to Okinawa for 3 years. The vanpool was a great way to go. I'll probably go to the Pentagon since my hubby goes out of town alot so I know I can get home. I will try for a van pool too. Thanks again for the updated info.

Singing_mom
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 3:50pm
No doubt. Unfortunately, it does seem as though the Pentagon is a safer bet than the 14th and G line. Callmemrslug, you should try this thread in the regular topics page, more people may see it!

Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 3:50pm
No doubt. Unfortunately, it does seem as though the Pentagon is a safer bet than the 14th and G line. Callmemrslug, you should try this thread in the regular topics page, more people may see it!

singing_mom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singing_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2005 at 8:27am
Has anyone tried to get a ride through the NuRide system? It seems to be similar to slugging. Just curious.

Singing_mom
dpowers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2005 at 10:06pm
Please call me regarding slug line from 18th and Constitution area. 703-965-5572. THANKS! Donna :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic