Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette re: Riders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 2:49pm
I think I know who sclemens is talking about. There are two very large gentlemen from the south 95 area who will attempt to squeeze themselves into a mini-cooper. You would think they would get a clue when it takes them 30+ seconds to get in. Wait for a larger car fellows.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 11:30am
I think it's about time for a more up to date ride sclemens. Your stuff must have been pretty weak to start with. On the other hand, you have the right to deny taking him/her if they are (in your opinion) too large to fit.
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 11:20am
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]sclemens, I agree with tdar20. Time for a new ride if it cant support a heavy adult. There is no way without insult to specify that you dont want a "heavy" slug in your car. What is the weight limit your car can handle anyway? what would be the cutoff weight? how ridiculous this really sounds.

Except in the context that MDC mentioned -- and I think I know who you are talking about (from Horner?) as I would not leave until seatbelts were fastened. He couldn't and I got a different slug. Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere (esp. on these roads) with a passenger who can't (or won't) wear seatbelts.

- Will
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:40am
sclemens, I agree with tdar20. Time for a new ride if it cant support a heavy adult. There is no way without insult to specify that you dont want a "heavy" slug in your car. What is the weight limit your car can handle anyway? what would be the cutoff weight? how ridiculous this really sounds.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:37am
I haven't worried about someone breaking my car, but there was a guy that didn't wear seatbelts apparently because he was so big. The next time he rode with me I told him he has to wear a seatbelt or find another ride. He managed to get it on.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:25am
If your car is that fragile I don’t think I would ride in it either!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:58pm
fatty fatty 2 by 4, you cant fit, through my doors!!

Sorry, I dont think there is a polite way. Honestly, you cane be as sweet as pie, but it will ultimately be the attitude of the person recieving the rejection that will tell.... take the chance if you are that concerned.

:'}
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:51pm
And you didn't ask them to pay for damages?

Your car, your gas, your aggravation. Don't be shy.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:47pm
Just tell them, but be direct and polite. [^]
Worst that could happen is they get P-O'd at you, but they probably won't want to ride with you ever again anyway. [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
sclemens View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sclemens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:18pm
this sounds terrible and I'll probably get blasted for it but -- how can you politely tell a rider that they are just too large and/or heavy for your vehicle and that you can't take them? i drive a very old car and have had larger riders cause damage (e.g. broken seat, broken arm rest on the door) and would just rather not have them in my car anymore. can anybody provide some thoughts??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic