Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Metro Entrance Facility Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Metro Entrance Facility Update
    Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 8:32am
FYI, the new PMEF is partially opened as of today (31 July), with some changes to rail/bus access. Details and diagrams are located at:
http://metro.pentagon.mil/

- Will

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 8:47am
Thank you for this post. I normally avoid the Pentagon as a backup destination because of the traffic debacle it created. Is anyone out there that can sound off as to how this new entrance is helping or hurting? Is traffic less severe for those of us who do not work at the Pentagon and have to walk against the sea of pentagon employees who hog up the sidewalk?

K.O.
viper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 1:00pm
KO,

I think you'll find that you and the other non-Pentagon workers can now "hog up the sidewalk." Enjoy!

tameraj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tameraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 1:45pm
"Hog up the sidewalk" - gheesh, I'll move over more quickly the next time one of you non-Pentagon workers needs to squeeze by. :-)

The traffic flow (people and cars) is improving somewhat. The new entrance helps facilitate folks out of the Pentagon and Metro and into the bus terminal. It was a long and cold winter and an even hotter summer walking all the way around to metro and the buses.

Now if they could just give us a nice, short walkway from the slug area back over to the bus facility (for those times when we don't get a ride) I'd be a happy commuter. ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic