Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrids: cost vs. savings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 3:42pm
It's not the facts that upset me. It's the people coming here saying they save 30-40 minutes per day by driving themselves instead of slugging. Then they say that the traffic needs to be "balanced" between the regular and HOV lanes because they (the smugs) are still going faster than the regular lanes...
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 7:13am
I'm not taunting anyone else here. In fact, it's hybrid owners who are constantly taunted and ridiculed.

The same people that think nothing of allowing exemptions for motorcyles and children counting on HOV - as if THAT reduces congestion and removes drivers.

Who's taunting? I got my hybrid. I'm saving time and about $300 in gas per month! That's $3600 a year, conservatively, and the more that gas goes up, the more I'm saving. Yeah, I'm happy with my choice.

to ME, it makes sense. I couldn't get to the 234 lot early enough to park and slug. It fills up so early now.

Am I hurting slugs by not picking them up? No. By the time I pass 234, the lot is FULL and there are HUGE numbers of cars waiting for slugs who now show up in a trickle, due to the lack of parking. Thus, no one is being delayed by me. What is my choice? pull in there and sit in line another 15 ore more minutes waiting for slugs to show up? why?

I don't care what the rest of you do.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 8:53am
qorc sez: Thus, no one is being delayed by me.

Oh, really? Did you happen to notice all the traffic piled up in the HOV today? If the numbers are correct and 18% of vehicles in the HOV are hybrids, then you did delay someone.

qorc sez: I don't care what the rest of you do.

There's the reason people get called names. People who won't pick up others to reduce congestion, who don't think they are impacting an increasingly difficult situation and "don't care".

It's an open forum here. I just wonder why SOVs even bother to sign on here. They're not slugging, they're not picking up riders, they're only contributing to the congestion in the HOVs and on this forum with inputs that don't work towards any workable solution.

Why ask why?

NoSb
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 9:16am
N or S Bound: long ago the rest of us decided to ignore Qorc in the so-far-vain attempt that he would complete his metamorphosis into a cockroach. Judging from recent posts, he's progressing nicely.

Reality and reason are not Qorc's strong points, so one need not pester him by pointing out the obvious: fewer people in more vehicles = slower commutes for everybody (including smugs like him.)

It is, you see, all about Qorc and Qorc's wants and wishes. He'd rather sit alone in his high-bred stuck in traffic, than be bothered with going to Potomac Mills, where there remains plenty of parking until 9:00 a.m.

Save your typing, N or S Bound: you can't teach a pig to sing or a smug to share.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 10:47am
Point taken Sponge.

:-X

NoSb
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:13am
just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't have a point to make.

When you name-call you're acknowledging that you've lost the argument.

Thanks so much!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:51am
I believe there probably have been several thousand CF plates issued since that 18% number was determined.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 12:12pm
"Names" as such are descriptors as well. They can serve to abbreviate the discussion which enables getting to the point more quickly--that is, if you have a point.

Having to describe ALL that is rolled up into the labels given to those who drive hybrids would just take up too much space.

Thanks for playing. Bring on some real competition next time!

NoSb
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 12:14pm
Er, amend my previous reference to hybrids. It's not the vehicle, it's those who CHOOSE to drive them for the express purpose (pun intended) of driving in the HOV without meeting the requirement to have 3 people in the vehicle (in the case of HOV-3).

My apologies to those who drive vehicles with CF plates who do indeed carry the minimum number of people. There's a couple of them out there.

Those are people WITH A CLUE!

NoSb
pocket52 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pocket52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 8:53pm
Okay if you say so. [:D]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic