Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City to Route 610?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msiegmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City to Route 610?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 11:56am
I haven't slugged yet, but REALLY want to. I would be getting to 610 at about 6am and hear that I should have no problem getting up there. However, the website says that the line 'may not be operational' and I'm afriad of getting stranded! I get out of work around 5pm in DelRay and would take the 9bus to crystal city. should be there by 515, 530 at the latest. Will I have a ride home?
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 9:36am
Yeah, who knows what the real state of the Crystal City lines is. We have a couple of us regularly who work in Old Town Alexandria and we live in Stafford. We swing by the Pentagon to pick up slugs everyday about 4:45 pm. Crystal City would be easier, but we've not had any luck lately there, so we've stopped looking for riders there and press on to the Pentagon.

Anyone with any insight into the status of the CC lines?

Thanks.
NoSB
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2005 at 8:38am
The real state of the Crystal City lines is that the Gateway line (where Crystal Drive turns into 12th St) is alive and well and quite active. I have gotten rides at 5:30 and later, but if you think that is chancey then you could head on over to the Pentagon. Some people start walking over as it gets closer to 6pm (about a 10 min walk), just hold out a sign that says 610 and you may get picked up by a driver before you get all the way over there.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2005 at 9:23am
I'd love to pick up CC slugs...keeps me out of the thick of the Pentagon traffic swirl.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 8:02am
I don't like the idea of people holding signs while they're walking to the slug line cuz that's unfair to those slugs already waiting in the line for a ride that you've just stolen.

There is a very active 610 line at CC, it's at 12th St, with the rest of the lines. The 610/3 lines are grouped apart from the other lines, and there's always people. They tend to wait longer because everyone likes picking up at Pentagon and they get neglected. Some will start walking towards the Pentagon holding the signs, and THAT'S when I think it's appropriate to do so.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 8:28am
Ok, CC it is today. Hope there's riders there this time...

No to SOV!
NoSB
DeeNJeff01 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeNJeff01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 9:50am
Hi, later this year my Company is moving from Rosslyn to Crystal City and I live in Stafford right off 610 (behind the old lot) I will be working from 7:30 to 4:30. I currently pick up at the 610 lot at 6:20 or so and It genenerally takes me about 5 minutes to get to the currently slug line in Rosslyn. My fear is that there will be no riders not to mention that I have only been doing this for about 4 months. My company will be located right on Crystal Drive. How hard is it to get the lines?

THanks
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 11:04am
The 610 line is VERY EASY, it's at 12th and Crystal Dr, up at the bend under the trees by the slug sign. As a driver you'd have to pull up ahead of those going to Horner/Potomac/Tacketts, there's two lines but sometimes it's hard to tell. Just ask folks. There's always people going to Stafford.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic