Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Homeland Security Vehicle on HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homeland Security Vehicle on HOV
    Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 6:14pm
Question for the masses:

I noticed a Department of Homeland Security tagged vehicle riding south on HOV this afternoon at about 4pm. Driver was only person in car. He was driving a large Ford Expedition, no emergency lights or anything.

Are DHS vehicles allowed to ride with one person?
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 7:21pm
I was the driver of that vehicle sir. I am not allowed to disseminate that information at this time due to security reasons. Please contact the Homeland Security Admin office for further information. This thread will destruct in 10 minutes.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 7:54am
I suppose it falls within the "law enforcement" exemption?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 8:43am
Call DHS and report it.
stewart View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 9:42am
I know someone who has a DOJ car and can ride in HOV lanes. From what she tells me, all Federal government cars can ride HOV. Typical Feds--exempt themselves from laws that cover everyone else.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 10:45am
Someone must have an agreement with law enforcement in this area because you never see any of these vehicles pulled over. Did the tags designate "Homeland Security"?
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 11:26am
my husband works for DHS, and he said that the "known rule" is to only use HOV in emergencies and not to take advantage--hence the need for the blue light!! obviously people are taking advantage!! as you can tell by HOV, not too many do from HDS do abuse this rule. that drives me crazy! i can totally understand if it was an emergency and they were securing our homeland, but come on......

quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]Someone must have an agreement with law enforcement in this area because you never see any of these vehicles pulled over. Did the tags designate "Homeland Security"?

adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 5:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]Someone must have an agreement with law enforcement in this area because you never see any of these vehicles pulled over. Did the tags designate "Homeland Security"?

Vabigblue:

I did notice the tags designated as DHS. One of their black SUV's. Guy was smokeing in vehicle as well. Just kind of erked me a little. No emergency lights or anything, just a regular government vehicle.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 10:33am
"Typical Feds--exempt themselves from laws that cover everyone else." Hey now, does that mean that I can stick my govt. ID badge on the back of my car and ride solo???

:'}
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 10:53am
There are several "law enforcement" components of DHS (Secret Service, TSA, Customs, Border Patrol.) Most of them (notably the Secret Service) have blue bubbles on their dash, (even on POVs) and use the HOV perk as well as parking in government only spaces.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic