Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You are a true slug when.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You are a true slug when.....
    Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 9:13am
You know you are a true slug when:

The right side of your face is sunburned from the morning and afernoon sun every day.

You spend at least a half hour per day on this website.

You have written at least 5 letters on hybrids and HOT.

Its the first thing you talk about when you get home.

Its your favorite conversation subject.

You would rather stand in a 20 degree blizzard than drive to work.

Your blood boils when you see a HOT article in the paper.

You are able to listen to Howard Stern in the morning and religious broadcasting on the way home and it doesn't bother you any more.

You have taken up meditiation to deal with hot/cold or other uncomfortable situations.

You commonly use the slug line as a reason to get off work on time.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 9:49am
My goodness, I knew I was in trouble when I realized that these are ALL true for me. Especially the one about using the slug lines as a reason to leave work on time.
That's my favorite. :)
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 9:59am
me too.. can't stay late, got to slug!! Though, Howard Stern has gone to sattelite now. Or has he?? I'm a NYker, so I listen just for the accents!!!

:'}
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 10:09am
You left off:

* Your spouse threatens to leave you if you don't stop talking about toll roads in your sleep.

* Your boss threatens to fire you is she see Slug-Lines.com on your computer one more time.

* You don't even notice the landfill smell north of Occoquan.
[:)]
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 10:39am
Great post Bob. I'm with Carleric, it really hits home when you are all of those things.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 10:46am
You are so well known as a long time slug that people have just driven up to you and asked if you want to get in their car.

You are careful not to honk at or gesture at anyone on the way to the commuter lot because you may end up getting in the car with them.

You have counselled hundreds of strangers on their problems.

You have prevented at least one major accident by keeping your eyes open and yelling at the driver when he wasn't paying attention.

You'be been in at least one broken down car.

You have lied about your destination because you dont want a particular ride.

You have waited/hidden in your car in the am because you don't want a ride.

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 11:04am
YEAH! what is up with that stink on 95 lately??

:'}
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 1:54pm
Hate to say it but the slug species may become extinct if HOT becomes a reality. Let's ensure that we keep the slug alive for future generations! [:)]
Goober
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 2:43pm
Great thread, BOB. LOL!
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 8:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]You know you are a true slug when:

The right side of your face is sunburned from the morning and afernoon sun every day.

You spend at least a half hour per day on this website.

You have written at least 5 letters on hybrids and HOT.

Its the first thing you talk about when you get home.

Its your favorite conversation subject.

You would rather stand in a 20 degree blizzard than drive to work.

Your blood boils when you see a HOT article in the paper.

You are able to listen to Howard Stern in the morning and religious broadcasting on the way home and it doesn't bother you any more.

You have taken up meditiation to deal with hot/cold or other uncomfortable situations.

You commonly use the slug line as a reason to get off work on time.

Exactly ten reasons. Look out, Letterman here comes a slug.

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic