Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City to Potomac or Horner?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City to Potomac or Horner?
    Posted: 12 Jun 2005 at 9:36pm
Hi. I was just wondering if there's still a slug line leaving from Crystal City. The website says that the line might not exist anymore. Is that true? If I leave work around 5:30 will I be able to get a ride or will I be stranded?
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 12:29pm
This from another thread on this site...

The real state of the Crystal City lines is that the Gateway line (where Crystal Drive turns into 12th St) is alive and well and quite active. I have gotten rides at 5:30 and later, but if you think that is chancey then you could head on over to the Pentagon. Some people start walking over as it gets closer to 6pm (about a 10 min walk), just hold out a sign that says 610 and you may get picked up by a driver before you get all the way over there.

FWIW,
NoSB
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 10:24pm
I work at 23rd and crystal drive. If I leave work at 5:30, how long will it take to walk to 12th street? 10-12min? so is there hope of getting a ride there at 5:40-5:45? Is the other crystal city line comletely dead?
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 7:52am
If you're concerned about the walking distance to 12th St., I suggest that you can also opt to take the ART90 shuttle that loops around Crystal City, for 40 cents/ride if you get a pack of tokens at the Commuter Store by Hamburget Hamlet. I keep tokens with me for rainy days. It takes me 10 mins to walk just from 18th St., 15 if I take my time, so it might be longer from 23rd. I think the other line is dead, your best bet is at 12th.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 8:31am
I want to pick up slugs in Crystal City. Today I'll be leaving Old Town for CC at about 5:30. If I see someone walking from 23rd up Crystal Drive with a 610 sign, I will pick them up.

CC - route 610 (either lot).

NoSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic