Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam from RobertLangDirect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 7:54am
Holycow!

You got an e-mail from Robert Lang? Asking that you go to a web-site and record you opposition to HOT? Any now you're crying and screaming, and peeing in your pants?

I can see why ... if you want HOT. I can see why ... if you are against slugging. I can see why ... if you are a lurker on this site, a paid or unpaid associate of Fluor or Clarke, and working to fight against those who are fighting for the ride-sharing commuter.

I am glad to have Robert send me an e-mail, twice in the course of a year. Was it unsolicited? Yes. Was it related to slugging? Yes. Was it SPAM? Not in my book and thus I am not suffering from a wedgie.

Hey, Robert, keep up the good work.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 8:20am
anyone who received an email needs to learn how to use their equipment before engaging in internet activities to include forum discussions it seems.

comparing receiving an email to someone entering your house without invitation is most definitely stretching things.

hope you have a lawyer on retainer to go after all those mailings you get in your physical mailbox...after all using your logic, unsolicited mailings are tantamount to breaking and entering.

WE MUST STOP THOSE MASS MAILING CRIMINALS.

GMAB...

NoSB
manalangd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manalangd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 12:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by DaVetsAtHome
[br]

I am glad to have Robert send me an e-mail, twice in the course of a year. Was it unsolicited? Yes. Was it related to slugging? Yes. Was it SPAM? Not in my book and thus I am not suffering from a wedgie.

Hey, Robert, keep up the good work.

Well put. I wish some people on this board would overlook the minor inconveniences they've supposedly suffered and get the BIG PICTURE. No pain, no gain. Thank you for your efforts Robert. HOV MUST STAY!

David
imaslug2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imaslug2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 1:57pm
I assume these people who keep attacking RobertLangDirect are pro-HOT commuters who are just being nosy - this is why they come to this board. Come on people, if you really want to save HOV, a "spam" email with a good cause for the slugging community will not bother you a bit. Give Robert a break!
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 2:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by imaslug2
[br]I assume these people who keep attacking RobertLangDirect are pro-HOT commuters who are just being nosy - this is why they come to this board. Come on people, if you really want to save HOV, a "spam" email with a good cause for the slugging community will not bother you a bit. Give Robert a break!

Spam is still spam, even for a good cause. I should know.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 3:48pm
quote:

Spam is still spam, even for a good cause. I should know.

Individual emails to people do not qualify as spam. The term has a meaning, and it's not "all unrequested email".

Look it up and you'll know more.
undisclosed-email View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undisclosed-email Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 5:57am
Received: from fiber (joelmathews.com[209.41.169.16](untrusted sender))
by rwcrmxc23...net (rwcrmxc23) with ESMTP
id <20050617023204r2300a10kre>; Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:32:04 +0000
X-Originating-IP: [209.41.169.16]
Received: from mail pickup service by FIBER with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:26:40 -0400
To: ...
Subject: Sent From Slug-Lines.com Message Board by Undisclosed
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:26:40 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
Message-ID:
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 17 Jun 2005 02:26:40.0406 (UTC) FILETIME=[FE922360:01C572E3]

Hello

You received the following message from: Undisclosed (none@none.com)=20

At: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/

Hey, here's a hot stock tip: Invest in hybrid cars. If you think the =
exemption for them is going to be lifted, you are in a dream world. =
Guaranteed to make money.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 10:55am
I don't know RLD personally, but I like RLD. RLD may be extreme but he's fighting for a good cause in killing HOT. Thanks RLD.

Goober
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 1:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by undisclosed-email
[br]Received: from fiber (joelmathews.com[209.41.169.16](untrusted sender))
by rwcrmxc23...net (rwcrmxc23) with ESMTP
id <20050617023204r2300a10kre>; Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:32:04 <>

Godwin's law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Godwin's law (also Godwin's rule of Nazi analogies) is an adage in Internet culture that was originated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states that:

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. In addition, it is considered poor form to invoke the law explicitly. Godwin's law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. Many people understand Godwin's law to mean this, although (as is clear from the statement of the law above) this is not the original formulation.

Nevertheless, there is also a widely-recognized codicil that any intentional invocation of Godwin's law for its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful. See "Quirk's exception" in Wikipedia.

dickboyd@aol.com
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 2:18pm
**snore**

Huh? Wha? Did somebody say something?

It was like, God's Law Wins? Huh?

No, leave me alone, let me sleep. You're all a bunch of sleep nazis who are irritating a tired old sponge...

**snore**
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic