Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam from RobertLangDirect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spam from RobertLangDirect
    Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 3:00pm
I had no idea that participating in this message board would open me to email spam. Unfortunately, it often appears that there is no moderator here to deal with this type of abuse.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 3:23pm
Undisclosed? Interesting. It's the web--get used to it.

http://www.slug-lines.com/Slugging/useragreement.asp

Doesn't specifically address it as far as I can see, but web-savy people realize they'll receive mailings from any forum they sign up for.

NoSB
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 4:00pm
Oh, I imagined that I might get an email from slug-lines.com What is offensive is that a USER of this forum, RobertLangDirect, is able to send spam to everyone who registered here.

I just went into my profile on this site and changed my email address to one which is completely bogus (none@none.com). I suggest that anyone who doesn't want to get email from RobertLangDirect -- or any other user of this forum who wants to email their beliefs to your personal email addy -- do the same.
imaslug2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imaslug2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 6:25pm
I also got an email fro RobertLangDirect, trying to encourage me to post my comment on VDOT website's re HOT issue. This is probably the same "spam" email that you got. However, I did not take this as a spam. I actually took it seriously and submitted my pro-HOV comments in the specified webiste. I, as a slugging citizen, really appreciate RobertLangDirect's reminder email. Thanks for the reminder Robert!
Blue Chevy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Chevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 8:05pm
I got the email too. Spam is defined as unsolicited email. Regardless of whether I agree with RobertLangDirect, he sent me spam. That's just not cool. Shame on you, RobertLangDirect, for exploiting our participation in this website for your personal agenda.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 12:14am
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]I had no idea that participating in this message board would open me to email spam. Unfortunately, it often appears that there is no moderator here to deal with this type of abuse.

ADMINISTRIVIA
Please read the FAQs at the Snitz Forums 2000 site. Click on the Snitz logo in the lower right corner or the FAQ or Profile links near the top of the page. Snitz freeware is intended to allow forum members, not only system administrator to control options.

One advantage I see of Snitz, is that there is an option to receive or send individual e-mails to other subscribers without actually knowing their e-mail address. A masking e-mail address is one of the options available. You still get the "private" e-mail from other forum members, but have the option of blocking the address as spam. Or better yet, of selecting "no e-mail."

Look at the icons on the line that has the name of the poster. There will be from one to five icons depending on options selected. If you are the writer of a post, you will see two additional icons. A trash can and an edit icon. If you wrote it and want to retract or edit, click on the correct icon.

If another member has selected to receive individual e-mails (not posted on the forum), there is an icon for that also.

Netiquette on Forums is that if a member posts to a topic and has activated the "private" e-mail icon, then private e-mails are acceptable.

As to the issue of whether soliciting members to make political comments? I'll leave that to the wisdom of the administrator. A separate forum might be the venue for political action. Slug-lines might work better as a site to recruit passengers, find new park and ride lots, find new pick up points and lost and found columns.

While you are checking out the places linked from slug-lines.com, check out the "sponsors". Any comments about additional links?

dickboyd@aol.com
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 7:07am
tried to tell y'all he was a crackpot from a long long time ago
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 10:45am
He emailed me the not long ago asking me to call him. Yea right! No way man, I don't swing that way.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 10:47am
I tried to update my email profile to none@none.com but it was already in use.
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2005 at 12:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by tri2dc
[br]I tried to update my email profile to none@none.com but it was already in use.

Sorry! That's the bogus email address I am now using to prevent spam from RobertLangDirect and anyone else. You could use none1@none.com or some other made up email address.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic