Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM HOV Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
610toCrystalCity View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610toCrystalCity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 2:17pm
Anybody know what the issue was with HOV lanes this morning?????? Traffic was slow from Springfield to Glebe road.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2005 at 11:56pm
I forgot to mention how much better it was on Wednesday [/sarcasm] Not a single accident or incident to look at either.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 8:58am
You'd think it was...and it was well nigh impossible to get a ride today too. I thought with the surplus of slugs there was no way traffic would be bad...
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 8:58am
MDC,

No .. not yet. Traffic will get a bit heavier in the autumn when schools are back in session. [:p]

Next year ... we should give up hope for Lent. [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 8:31am
Is summer over already? It must be considering the traffic in HOV...
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2005 at 2:09pm
I think if the HOV lanes weren't so backed up nearly every day, more people would be motivated to try slugging. Hybrid drivers forget too easily that it's not as simple as leave your house, get on HOV, stop at work.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2005 at 1:26pm
"Why do you think toll roads are getting such traction? It's not from the current users of HOV! It's from all of the people in the regular lanes."

Who themselves are perfectly free to slug, but for whatever reason, choose not to.

It seems to be quintessentially American to complain that other Americans must be forced to join you in your own misery.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2005 at 9:21am
I think I speak for many on this site, when I say,

Hush now NoSUV, we get it.
Toll roads, blah blah blah.
If it happens, good for you.

:'}
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2005 at 8:24am
But HOV STILL moves far better that the regular lanes! Without the exemptions, HOV would have no traffic and regular lanes completely stopped. That's unpalatable for all of those drivers, hence pressure on politicians, and hence toll roads.

Why do you think toll roads are getting such traction? It's not from the current users of HOV! It's from all of the people in the regular lanes. Hybrid owners might possibly have more cash to give to politicians to encourage the lawmakers to allow hybrids in the HOV lanes - if not through exemption, then through tolls.

Slugs intentionally alienated hybrid owners - the lash back is toll advocacy. Every anti-hybrid post only makes the toll roads make more sense to ease regular lane congestion.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2005 at 1:24pm
NoSUV,
Those were last year's numbers you're going by. The MAJOR issue in the HOV lanes is the number of exempt-from-HOV-3 vehicles. If there weren't exemptions and traffic was heavy in HOV, I'm willing to bet that people wouldn't be as ticked off about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic