Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM HOV Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2005 at 10:32pm
I heard Montana has a few jobs.........
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 9:21am
I'd love to work for a Super Bowl MVP quarterback. What a change....

(forgive me, couldn't resist [;)])
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 9:37am
Everything was great this morning except for the stretch from Potomac up through Horner and 123.

WHY O WHY is this stretch backing up all of a sudden? I mean, Springfield wasn't even that bad this morning but the Horner interchange is?
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 9:49am
It's also got me scratching my noggin about all of this volume.

So, can those in favor of HOT assume that the HOV is UNDERutilized?

Goober
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 9:52am
I was wondering what was going on this morning myself. I left the Horner lot about 7:15 this morning and we didn't get to Pentagon until 8:05. Is that normal for that early in the morning? It seemed like there must have been an accident or something but I didn't see anything. At some points, the regular lanes seemed to be moving a lot faster than our lanes!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 10:29am
My carpool does the same schedule, leaving Horner at 7:15 for 18th St. We've noticed slowdowns 3 or 4 days out of 5, including Fridays.

I believe it is the time: gummint drudges like to work from 8 to 4:30, so everyone hits the highway at 7:15. Lemmings on da loose!

So our carpool is going to leave at 7:00 this week to see if that gets us in front of the pig in the python.
Road Warrior View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:36am
Would be interesting to see the reaction of our local delegates if we could their butts out of bed and have them ride to work and home with us everyday for a week or so, huh?

Probably wouldn't do any good, but I would feel better knowing they were losing sleep because they had to get up before the freakin' chickin's...

John
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:40am
I left Horner at 6:30 this morning and it really crawled most of the way to the beltway.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 12:29pm
It wasn't that bad at 7:45am. We stopped at some point after the mixing bowl but not for long.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2005 at 7:49am
This morning, 21 June, just to get out of the Horner Road lot around 0630 was a disaster! Now, the backups on 95N HOV lanes are backing up traffic in the lots!? This is becoming a nightmare having CF vehicles and cheaters in the lanes in the AM.
MORE ENFORCEMENT - DOWN WITH CF - DOWN WITH HOT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic