Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM HOV Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 8:58am
You'd think it was...and it was well nigh impossible to get a ride today too. I thought with the surplus of slugs there was no way traffic would be bad...
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2005 at 11:56pm
I forgot to mention how much better it was on Wednesday [/sarcasm] Not a single accident or incident to look at either.
610toCrystalCity View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610toCrystalCity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 2:17pm
Anybody know what the issue was with HOV lanes this morning?????? Traffic was slow from Springfield to Glebe road.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 2:58pm
Rain. SOVs. Monday.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 3:02pm
Two lanes were blocked because of an early accident in the regular lanes.
Traffic was pretty decent by 7:40am.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 3:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Rain. SOVs. Monday.

NoSb

Not SOVs! Unless, you want to blame the regular lane accident on SOVs. Oops - I guess it was SOVs - just not SOVs in the HOV lanes!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 8:38am
quote:
Originally posted by 610toCrystalCity
[br]Anybody know what the issue was with HOV lanes this morning?????? Traffic was slow from Springfield to Glebe road.

Well, those Hybrids sure didn't help the situation. It felt to me like I was in a procession of nothing but Hybrids...as far as the eye could see. Can't wait for July 2006!!!![:I]
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 9:26am
Are you saying it was Hybrids that caused the accident? Shame on you
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 9:54am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]Are you saying it was Hybrids that caused the accident? Shame on you

No, why would I say that? Wasn't the accident in the regular lanes?? All the Hybrids are in the what we used to call express lanes, but from this point forward I shall call them the exemption lanes.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 10:01am
Let's get our terminology adjusted a bit. Let's address the OCCUPANCY status instead of the vehicle's technology. The challenge is those who travel with less than the requisite 3 in HOV-3 lanes. It doesn't matter how the car is built.

For anyone who doesn't think that additional vehicles on the road contribute to congestion, I'm wondering what their definition of congestion is?

NoSb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic