Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM HOV Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurrytooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AM HOV Sucks
    Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 8:05am
I think I may just start driving myself to work everyday in the regular lanes. The HOV lanes in the morning no longer provide a benefit over the regular lanes. The time it takes to drive to the commuter lot and pick up slugs is no longer worth it. There are backups everyday now.
Geezehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 8:34am
Yes, very upsetting. Sorry to all you Hybrid fans, but it is your fault. If you don't see it, you are not looking. It has been discussed over and over, but fill each of those cars with 3 people and we would all realize the difference. There are just too many self absorbed people in this area. Sad really.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 8:53am
Oh crap, the newbies are mad! (to posting on the site I mean) Tell me about it, I love oh so lu- UV my boss standing in the middle of the office just a waitin for me to show up ten to thirty minutes late each day, then I have the joy of staying late to make up for it, and getting home at SIX a STINKEN CLOCK! We all feel it. DOWN WITH 1 OCCUPANT HYBRIDS!

:'}
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 8:56am
Actually, this morning was pretty good compared to most, but there are still congestion backups at 123 and Springfield almost every morning. Gotta love that extra capacity!
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 8:57am
quote:
Originally posted by Geezehead
[br]Yes, very upsetting. Sorry to all you Hybrid fans, but it is your fault. If you don't see it, you are not looking. It has been discussed over and over, but fill each of those cars with 3 people and we would all realize the difference. There are just too many self absorbed people in this area. Sad really.

No Sir,
It is your fault. You should either stay home or move to somewhere else.
I do agree that there are too many self absorbed people in this area, but most of the time they are not law abiding.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 9:39am
There has been a high number of fender benders (4 cars on either side of the 14th street bridge yesterday) and broken down vehicles. Oh, yeah, motorcycle wipe outs. So chill out on the roads already -- safety first so there aren't any accidents.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 9:52am
I wish people would stop referring to Northern Virginia's HOV lanes as a nation-wide model. It was, briefly, 5 years ago. I remember in 2002, I could get from 123 to the Pentagon in 15 minutes. Blame hybrids, virtually unregulated housing development, unconcerned politicians, insufficient enforcement. HOV is finished.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 10:05am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]Oh crap, the newbies are mad! (to posting on the site I mean) Tell me about it, I love oh so lu- UV my boss standing in the middle of the office just a waitin for me to show up ten to thirty minutes late each day, then I have the joy of staying late to make up for it, and getting home at SIX a STINKEN CLOCK! We all feel it. DOWN WITH 1 OCCUPANT HYBRIDS!

:'}

Finally did it. Last weekend I purchased a used 03 Honda Hybrid. Saves me 15 - 20 minutes each way not having to get off the Interstate to pick up Slugs. Plus I can listen to my music just as loud as I want. Hybrids rule the HOV lanes. If you can't beat'em join'em

mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 10:30am
quote:
Originally posted by Luddite
[br]I wish people would stop referring to Northern Virginia's HOV lanes as a nation-wide model. It was, briefly, 5 years ago. I remember in 2002, I could get from 123 to the Pentagon in 15 minutes. Blame hybrids, virtually unregulated housing development, unconcerned politicians, insufficient enforcement. HOV is finished.

Your memory is too short. Do you remember how it was before they completed the HOV bridge across Occaquan? If not, then blame yourself.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 10:39am
Tri2DC,
Must be nice to know you have about 12 months to listen to the music by yourself. In addition think of your increased efficiency when you'll be required to pick up two slugs in order to use hov. Respectfully submitted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic