Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSluggers buy a clue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolo5757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sluggers buy a clue
    Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 9:27am
Message Preview
I am getting soooooo tired of this darned hybrid, no hybrid debate. Yes, I own a Prius and yes I commute over 150 miles a day and yes I actually have 2 other people in the darned car with me. So should I get my own freakin lane?[;)]
The problem that both sides seem to be missing, (but not the politicians) is that we need more road and more lanes!!!!! The politicians love the fact that we're to busy fighting each other to bother them to spend money on road improvements. We need more roads!![:(!]

BTW the other question that I have for you folks is why is nobody upset about motorcycles? I get the same or better milage in my car as most bikes and if people a driving correctly (snicker yeah right) then a bike takes up just as much lane as my car.[?]
One more thing and then I'll pass the soapbox.....if you don't like hybrids do you still get in them at the slug line? And if you do would you get in one if there were only you and the driver on an HOV3?
[:p]

VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 9:35am
Never had a complaint from a slugger when we couldn't get 3 people (summer's the worst time). If it's between waiting for a 3rd or going, most people opt for going.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 3:38pm
Try reading some of the discussions here. That way you'll have all the answers you need, and won't look so ignorant.

Nobody here hates hybrids. It's the people driving on the High Occupancy lanes without additional passengers that are the issue. Since there are thousands and thousands of hybrids on the HOV lanes, and 98% of those have less than three people...
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 10:34am
it's called "selective outrage"

they hate single passenger hybrids

but they don't care about motorcycles

or infants and children counting as "slugs" - which removes no drivers from the road.

But darn those hybrids!!

It's called narrow-minded self-interest
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 10:34am
it's called "selective outrage"

they hate single passenger hybrids

but they don't care about motorcycles

or infants and children counting as "slugs" - which removes no drivers from the road.

But darn those hybrids!!

It's called narrow-minded self-interest
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 3:37pm
qorc,
Go read more threads. Nobody here likes the motorcycles in HOV.
Road Warrior View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:16am
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]

I have never agreed with the premise that children qualify as a commuter...and would wholly endorse amending the VA Code to eliminate them as eligible occupants for a vehicle becoming HOV compliant.

Just my $.02 worth...

John
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:47am
I suppose there's a few hundred cars with children occupants in HOV? At least they have more than one person.

People making the anti-children arguement have also argued against non-commuters using the HOV lanes. People on vacation should also be prohibited is their "arguement".
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2005 at 7:53am
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I suppose there's a few hundred cars with children occupants in HOV? At least they have more than one person.

People making the anti-children arguement have also argued against non-commuters using the HOV lanes. People on vacation should also be prohibited is their "arguement".

Yes, they have more than one occupant that does NOTHING to reduce the number of cars on the road.

If you're going to be outraged about hybrids and how most do not reduce the number of drivers on the road, at least be consistent. I realize this is a stretch for most of the people here.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2005 at 8:08am
I'm sure this has been said a million times, but there's nothing wrong with hybrids. I wouldn't have a problem if a hybrid driver had two kids in the car, why do you? Nobody wants motorcycles on HOV either, but they aren't a "growing" problem, and nowhere near the numbers that single occupant hybrids are.

Consistency is saying that there should be 3 persons in each car while on the HOV lanes. Do you have a problem with that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic