Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMcQuigg Supports HOT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McQuigg Supports HOT
    Posted: 21 Jun 2005 at 4:47pm
I spoke with Del. McQuigg who advised that the ONLY solution to I95 traffic woes is the intiate of HOT lanes in place of the HOV lanes. This is crazy, the HOV lanes are already clogged at certain times, this will exacerbate the problem, why don't the politicians understand this. If they want HOT they need to build SEPARATE HOT lanes not just take over the HOV lanes.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2005 at 8:49am
McQuigg needs to understand the issues better. She is buying VDOT's empty assurances. She went to some trouble to shoot down a flyer I had drafted, sending it to VDOT for their comments, forwarding their replies to her email list, etc. At least she is paying attention to the issue.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2005 at 8:42am
It's what I've been saying all along - the problem is the OVERALL congestion, not just the slug rice bowl. Until and unless a solution is found for the regular lanes AS WELL AS the HOV lanes, the overall congestion problem isn't solved. The hybrid exemption was one means of trying to balance the problem between the lanes - even with the SOV hybrids in the HOV lanes, the HOV still goes well over 35 mph faster than the regular lanes. Without the hybrid exemption, it's quite likely that the delta will get even larger. Since building new roads will be rather expensive and untimely, the quickest solution is toll roads.

Continuing the hybrid exemption might delay the toll roads for a few years, but I doubt it.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2005 at 8:54am
The high-bred exemption had NOTHING to do with "balancing" the lanes. It was solely an additional incentive to purchase a (slightly) cleaner running car, an attempt to offset a little of the extra cost of the vehicle.

If it was about "balance", then there would not have been a time limit on it. Jeez! Why is this so hard to understand?

We already knew, thank you very much, that the issue is the traffic across all five lanes, regular and HOV. The HOV lanes do NOT operate as efficiently as they did before the high-breds were added, and VDOT's data proves that. And finally, since when did the "quickest" solution equal the "right" solution?

Lastly, since this thread is about McQuigg, she introduced a bill, did she not, to end the exemption early? I think so.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2005 at 7:41am
McQuigg should know -- does know -- failing to take a position is, in itself, a position. She has chosen to not join with those who want to protect the most efficient, best running ride-sharing program in the nation. Rather, she protects the Toll-Road promotions.

I am not the most educated, nor articulate woman, but I know that fish left out on the counter will spoil badly and waiting until tomorrow to clean up the mess does not make it more pleaseant.

Suzan
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 7:44am
"HOT is the only game in town with money to solve our congestion problems," according to Delegate McQueeg.

NO THANK YOU, MA'AM. This is why I support Earnie Porta.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 9:13am
If it were true, that "Another way to help alleviate traffic is to build more entrance and exit ramps" wouldn't the regular lanes with all their ramps be free flowing?

Please tell me how that works.

Please TELL ME. I am waiting!

Suzan
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 9:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]OnSNIP

Another way to help alleviate traffic is to build more entrance and exit ramps going north in the morning and going south after Springfield. SNIP

Bastiat's Train.

Dick Boyd, wierd and getting wierder. check the classifieds for more details. Christians wanted for weekend entertainment gig. Must have a way with lions. [}:)][;)][}:)]

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic