Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questionfor Rt 3/Gordon Rd Commuters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dambam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questionfor Rt 3/Gordon Rd Commuters
    Posted: 05 Aug 2002 at 7:46am
Has any one picked up a deaf lady at the Pentagon and go all the way to the Gordon Rd lot, just to have her hand you a note asking you to take her to Ukrops lot? This happened to me last Friday. After a long week and an even longer Friday commute, I was in no mood to back track to Ukrops!!! This is the second time this lady has ridden with me. I tried to explain to her the first time that she needs to tell drivers AT THE PENTAGON, where her destinations is. I did take her back to Ukrops, but let it be known that I was not happy. My lesson learned is I will tell people I am going to Gordon Rd BEFORE they get in my car.

curtisdt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtisdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2002 at 3:32pm
Should have left her at Gordon. Deafness is not an excuse for stupidity.

Don
freakytdp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakytdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 7:44am
I would have left her at Gordon Road too. Sluggers should never expect drivers to drop you off other than the designated commuter lot. If she wanted to go to Ukrops...then she should have taken the bus. There is no excuse for doing this. The courtesy...ask before getting in.

lordscarlet View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 7:54am
Another question for Gordon RD commuters, please see my post at http://slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=207&whichpage=4&ARCHIVE=

Johnny H. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 9:19am
Nope, but I have been asked to drop off somebody at the McDonalds across from Ukrops. It wasn't a problem, but I will not head back into town after getting to Gordon rd since I am not going that way. Let me know ahead of time, and if the other riders are ok with it, fine, I will drop you off on the way to the lot, but NOT after I get there.

JH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic