Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

left lane "cruisers"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2005 at 12:47pm
This is the easiest way to look at it:

If you are driving on three lanes:
Left to Right- Fast, medium, SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

If you are driving on two lanes: (HOV)
Left to Right: Fast, and, I dont want to get to work on time.

See how easy that is??

:'}
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2005 at 10:41am
if you are already doing 75, or even 80 in the passing lane, I would think it would be bad manners for anyone to come up on your bumper close, flash their lights and make gestures, etc.

It's not like you're doing 55 or something.

People that do 85-90 and above need to get a grip on themselves, their own selfish needs, and the fact that they are putting everyone at risk.

If you are one of those drivers, take a chill pill and try to stay within 15 miles of the speed limit for everyone's sake.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2005 at 10:39am
I want to please address the issue of the left lane drivers.

When you drive on a freeway or an expressway the left lane is called the passing lane. You use it to pass. Driving the posted speed limit is fine, IF, someone doesn't need/want to pass you.

Passing is completely legal and not used just because someone is in a rush. If passing wasn't legal, we wouldn't have passing lanes, and signs telling us we can or cannot pass.

If someone is tailgating you in the left - you're going too slow. Don't get huffy. Don't get indignant. GET OVER! If you can. If you can't it will be obvious to the person behind you. So relax.

It's a generally recognized rule as well as a common courtesy. Most states have laws against staying in the left lane when it is clear to move right, or unless planning to turn left shortly. There is nothing worse than being in a long line of cars that can't go anywhere because the lead cars are just strolling. On two lane freeways, in the rural areas, that is the worst.

If you want to drive the speed limit, stay on the right. It isn't a hard thing to do. I do it all the time. Use the left when you need it but don't just putter.

I'm talking about courtesy here. Manners. Proper driving etiquette. Get off your high horses already. It is perfectly legal to fart on a packed elevator. Most of us opt not to. Why? Manners. Same thing with burping. Some do it, some don't. Manners.

One more thing. If someone is obviously trying to pass you, speeding up to prevent them is STUPID. And just as dangerous as tailgaiting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic