Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon "Police"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2005 at 3:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by SlugginGator
[br]Maybe they ought to work on protecting the Pentagon (9/11 anyone?) from harm instead of power tripping over stupid traffic offenses.

Are you suggesting that they could have stopped a jet fuel-guided missile filled with hostages?

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Gator, can I toss in two cents?

Yes, properly deployed, those guards could have detected suspicious activity and nipped the hijacking in the bud. Once the jet fueled missile was on its way, no way could Barney and Enos have stopped it.

Point is we are always countering the last threat. We don't recognize when the bad guys are planning something new. Seldom do we recognize the importance of timing.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Using avoirdupois, does that mean if we are paying $16,000 for VRE and METRO, we should only invest $1,000 in slugs? Or using troy, should we invest $1,000 in slugs for every $10,000 in HOT?

Applying this line of thought to slug lines. The forces of evil are going to bayonet commuters into VRE at the same time they are accusing slugs of bayoneting commuters into ad hoc car pools.

Pitchforks, torches, storm the castle before it gets to the point of having to kill the monster.

Boyd where prohibited (Thanks, qorc)

dickboyd@aol.com
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2005 at 4:04pm
The Pentagon Police have busted me three times. Once, with my dangerous looking wife and 5 month old twins in the car for an expired inspection sticker, thereby causing a traffic jam. Once for "expired" tags, which were not expired but were registered via mail and I hadn't received the stickers yet. Then once for expired tags on a car that sat in storage while I was in Iraq as I was taking it to the DMV. Why do they spend so much time investigating worthless code infractions?? Why don't they just let the VA State Troopers and Sheriffs worry about that? Aren't they supposed to be protecting life and limb? OH YEAH, AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE WORST TRAFFIC JAMS AS YOU LEAVE THE PENTAGON SLUG LINES, JUST WAIT UNTIL THEY HAVE THE PENTAGON POLICE "TRAFFIC CONTROL" OFFICER DIRECTING TRAFFIC. It flows much better when drivers are left to their own devices.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2005 at 10:57pm
Folks,
Remember that the Pentagon is a military reservation. All persons and vehicles entering are subject to search.

I've actually found the Pentagon police folks pretty polite and helpful. Just recently, I was getting a visitor badge from a PFPA newbie, and his supervisor apoligized for his slowness.

If you're doing 40 on Boundary Channel, or 20 through the parking lot, don't whine about getting jacked up.
SlugginGator View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugginGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2005 at 1:39am
It's sad that the base of operations for our entire military is run like a shopping mall or a college campus in terms of raising money in any way possible. Visit the Marine Corps Base Headquarters Quantico and you don't see ridiculous rent-a-cop vehicles driving around pulling people over for the most ridiculous offenses. The Pentagon should be a dignified place where the police spend their time looking for suspect activity. One other remark, where the Hell are the military police or the special police? What is it with military installations using contractors to do their defense (e.g. Fort Belvoir, Andrews AFB). My point is, these police officers need to be watching for real threats, not people driving over parking lot lines. I regretfully think this, but during 9/11 I can't help but think these people were useless at doing what they were trained to do. I am sure there was pandemonium and they could not be looked up to, to restore order.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2005 at 8:23am
I agree with 122582. If you don't speed, keep your inspections up to date and registerations current you don't need to be stopped. To answer your other question about where the MPs are - they're overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan protecting and keeping us free. Think about it for a minute - you're complaining about tickets and these guys are dying.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2005 at 8:37am
To add to what vabigblue pointed out, their families are back here in this overpriced area buying groceries with food stamps.

And how much do we really value our military?
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2005 at 8:46am
The rant about Pentagon police may be justified in some cases. The real fact of the matter is that in the DC area, people are oftentimes drawn to "power" instead of looking to fulfill the intent and purpose of the law. That said, what are the things that help police identify potential "threats"? Seems to me we've heard enough about people conducted recon missions on installations before they are hit. Many times these threats are identified/intercepted through "routine" traffic stops. Things like expired tags, drivers licenses, whatever else in the way of papers. There's lots of people driving around the Pentagon all day, how would YOU suggest intercepting those who might be "casing the joint"?

I think that the system and the people in the system, although imperfect, know much better how to do this than most anyone on this forum.

Thank you kindly,
NoSb
SlugginGator View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugginGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 7:57am
N or S bound: I agree with you 100% on the remark that in the DC area people are often times drawn to power instead of looking to fufill the intent and purpose of the law. Let's put it this way, if a terrorist or any unscrupulous organization is trying to wreak havoc, then whether or not you get pulled over for crossing the parking lot line or going one mile over the speed limit in the Pentagon does not matter. They will get their recon done one way or the other and if they are careful enough they will succeed. We have seen this time and time again in American history; in overseas and domestic locations (US Embassy in Saudi, Oklahoma Federal Building, World Trade Centers). I agree that the Pentagon Police must do what they have to from time to time in regards to violations such as speeding or running stop signs but what I do not understand is why they must insist on ticketing in every event. As 122582 said, the families of our undervalued military members are using food stamps to pay for groceries, why must they be subjected to paying for petty offenses such as crossing parking lot lines? When I say these police officers were probably useless during real threats, I mean that they are so used to looking for and dealing with minor traffic infractions that they most likely will not know how to handle a real crisis. I hope that $70 fundraising ticket to them was worth it when they completely botch their next attempt to alleviate panic in a real crisis.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 8:45am
First of all, I AM one of the military members that was fighting in Iraq. And I ALSO got pulled over three times by the PentaNazis for stupid crap that they shouldn't be wasting their time with. Somebody commented that we are complaining about tickets while servicemembers die in Iraq. That's BS. I'm complaining about everyone else doing their part in the War, while the PentaNazis get all Barney Fife (sp?) with their ticket pads, issuing tickets for BS infractions. I once saw a dude standing on the top of the grassy mound across from the sluglines with a zoom lens camera. I told a PentaNazi and he said "what do you want me to do?" Oh by the way, it was the very SAME Pentagon cop that issued me a ticket for an expired tag on a car that I was picking up from storage after getting back from overseas.
protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 11:40am
Are you bitter and hateful because the other two times they pulled you over you were actually guilty of what you were accused of doing?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic