Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Rd. Parking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner Rd. Parking
    Posted: 24 Jan 2002 at 1:42pm
Okay, just a few months ago us late bloomers were able to breeze through the Horner Rd. Lot After 8:00am with no problem. There were still parking spaces and driver's galore! This week I arrive my regular time (around 7:45am) to zilch parking spaces and a massive amount of cars waiting for slugs. Does anyone know why the spaces are starting to fill so quickly of late? Did they eliminate some parking spaces elswhere? Going to Tackett's is an option, but out of my way in the evening. Also for those who are parking on the curb at Horner and receiving tickets, how much are they? Is anyone contesting? There are no signs indicating not to park there, and from what I could tell, they are not obstructing traffic entering and exiting.

SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 4:49pm
Yes this has been an ongoing problem with no signs of change, just like the lint in my pocket. One day I found some lint and tried to make a dollar out of it.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 9:17pm
It's been over a year since there have regularly been parking spaces after 7AM at "Horner". Maybe December is different because there are less people working?
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 8:36am
The tickets are $25, or at least they were the last time I parked illegally. [:I] Personally, I think it's a matter of time before they start towing. I now go over to the Potomac Mills lot when it fills up before I get there.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 8:52am
Really a temporary problem. Parking situation in VDOT lots won't really matter when the HOV lanes grind to a halt with a few more months - maybe a year - thanks to sovs.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 10:17am
Uh...this is a really old post. Did we make a mistake or is this supposed to be re-posted?
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 10:22am
I believe it would be wise to put in 3 more stop signs in the Horner Road parking lot, up where the new lot connects to the old lot.
Or at least a few on the freeway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic