Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A ride with Mario Andretti from Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A ride with Mario Andretti from Pentagon
    Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 7:58am
Last evening I was picked up by a female Mario Andretti at the Pentagon at 3:25 going to Horner Rd. I'm in the back seat feeling rather warm. Politely ask if the air has been turned down and the answer was it's not working well. Outside temp was 95. Strangely enough there was little traffic on the road. I resumed reading and fanning myself.

Decided to look up and see where we were and was shocked to see light poles flying by like they were matchsticks! [:0] Glanced at the speedometer and almost passed out when it showed 90 mph!!! Driver is chatting away with the front seat passenger who she apparently knew and had only one hand on the wheel and looking at him as she spoke!!

We were quickly approaching the mixing bowl and I was praying for cars -- where is the usual traffic jam when you really need it!!!??? I'm not shy about speaking up regarding reckless and illegal driving so I said: "I'm in as much a hurry to get home as the next person but you are going 90 mph and that is at least 15 mph faster than I am comfortable with." Driver to front passenger in an angry voice: "Remind me to never pick her up again (cuss word)." I said: "Don't worry, I'm already memorizing your face and car. The speed limit here is only 65." Driver: "I oughta put out right here!" Me: "I wouldn't recommend that."

She did slow to 80 at the mixing bowl and stayed between 80-85 the rest of the way only because we finally caught up to some traffic. She continued to weave around them and chatting to the passenger the whole way.

What is wrong with idiots like this? She might have been a mother to young children. She had no regard for her passengers. I guess the male front passenger was OK with her driving because he never said anything.

Here's her description (All of you PC-sensitive folks might as well stop reading right now because I'm not sugar-coating her descriction): Short, black woman with long, reddish braided hair about 25-32 years old. Car: tan Dodge Strattus about 6-7 years old. No time to get plate - after I got out it was raining and she shot away while I ran to my car.

Sluggers beware! [:(!]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 8:10am
WHAT? YOU MENTIONED RACE??

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT MAKES YOU A RACIST HERE??

KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 8:20am
quote:
Originally posted by ohio 7
[br]

Sluggers beware! [:(!]

Sluggers beware??? If I were a slugger, that's the car I'd look to get in. If she wants to risk a ticket and go that fast....all the power to her. If it's getting me home 10-15 minutes earlier....I'm not complaining. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd rather be going too fast than stuck with some slowpoke.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 8:28am
"Decided to look up and see where we were and was shocked to see light poles flying by like they were matchsticks! Glanced at the speedometer and almost passed out when it showed 90 mph!!!"

Interesting, so if you never looked up through the trip, there would have been no issue?
marcelhenryg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelhenryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 9:17am
"If I were a slugger, that's the car I'd look to get in. If she wants to risk a ticket and go that fast....all the power to her. If it's getting me home 10-15 minutes earlier....I'm not complaining. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd rather be going too fast than stuck with some slowpoke."

understood that we all want to get home faster. in riding with this person, her getting a speeding ticket would be the last of my worries. how about your life, for example? or the life of the person she recklessly runs into? way too dangerous. there just isn't room in these lanes to drive faster than 80. people like her should not be in the hov lanes.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 9:42am
90 is too fast. Especially when it is raining. Thanks for the description (and it is entirely appropriate in this instance to mention the driver's race because it is a key element in identifying her,) and the warning.

Speeders like that put us all in danger. Kudos to you for having the guts to speak up!

Now, tonight at the Pentagon, everyone should keep an eye peeled for this car and, should it show up, refuse to ride in it, or warn the other slugs she is a dangerous driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic