Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas-guzzling SUVs should get one of these...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogabox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas-guzzling SUVs should get one of these...
    Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 12:47pm
OIL: Support Our War-based Economy

http://www.funkyribbons.com
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 2:11pm
Eat me, vogabox. The "blindly patriotic" ribbon magnet stays on my 15-year-old six-cylinder until my kid and everybody else's who's over there comes home for good. You can keep the rest of your anarchist crap on your car.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 2:32pm
yogabox. what are you? a commie?? Your definately un-American. www.funkyribbons needs to be untied and thrown in the trash. You may not wanna support the US government or its president, but support the troops doing what theyre ordered to do. Take your crazed anarchy somewhere else.
protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 3:10pm
Wow, the level of discourse on this site is really high today. Those are some intelligent, articulate arguments, guys. "Eat me." How clever.
It so happens, though, that I more or less agree with you. Except for the part that any one who isn't "for the troops" is a Commie (great insult, by the way. when is this, 1983?) or "un-American." Wanting the troops home and being against everything the current president stands for is NOT "crazed anarchy."

Honestly, what good do those yellow magnets do? Seriously. Before you yell at me, really think about it. No rational human being wants our troops to die, so, in essence, we all "support" the troops. I can be 100% opposed to what they're doing and still be American.
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 3:54pm
Being American is being able to shout from the top of the mountain, "I disagree!" and not being arrested for disagreeing. Joining the ACLU and not being labeled a "commie" or the new in vogue word a "terrorist." So, keep the political nonsense of a commuter web site. Remember God and politics are the two no-no topics to discuss with strangers.
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 10:37am
ENOUGH already.

ANYONE who actually checked the link in yogabucks' first-time post could see this is another crass hack job by a profiteer posing as a _______ (hippie / anarchist / liberal / contrarian -- pick one!)

THE problem I have is not with people who speak their minds,but with those who pretend to do it out of conscience.

MY other problem is that just because I put a yellow or red-white-blue magnet on my car, I have to hear a bunch of crap about how I don't know how to think or I am a Republican or a conservative or whatever.

EVEN someone as astute as protocol should be able to see that the magnet on my car is there for me, as a reminder that those kids are not over there for oil or Bush or Rummy, but for all of us, whether we like it or not. Don't like being reminded yourself?

Then, eat me.

protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 10:50am
All I'm saying is, if you want to help the troops, then give $ to them. Help them get the weapons, the armor, the support that they need. That's what I do. Purchasing a magnetic ribbon in no way helps them get back here safe.
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 11:21am
Listen up. Nobody said a ribbon did anything for them except remind us to appreciate them. Hopefully, when they do come home they won't have to put up with what others had to when they came back 35 years ago, but jerks like yodabox are already helping to get us there. Anyway, as a parent of one of those kids, thanks for working on gettng them what they need.
Luvmyhybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 12:51pm
I'm with you beachhead...we're making more out of this then the reminder that we've got young kids over there doing some real dirty work. On the that same note, while not everyone can send them $$, what we can do is show appreciation for their dedication when they do get home....and I for one cannot wait for that day!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 1:03pm
Odd that I don't see any ecologically minded slugs passing on rides in gas guzzling SUVs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic