Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 1:49pm
Why is 122582 so bitter?

When I ride, I am happy to get a ride. When I drive, I don't mind going out of my way to get people close to their destination, either getting to DC or getting back to the commuter lot.

And yes, the AC is always on when slugs are in the car... to save money, I simply turn the AC on just before I pick up the first slug, and turn it off after I've dropped off the last one.
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 1:50pm

Apparently, you have done your homework. So, how many MPG when your slugs are melting in the seats?
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 1:56pm
quote:
riginally posted by 122582

... 120 mile daily commute ....

Is there a new Richmond slug line?

You could accomodate the slugs for 60 cents per day during the "slugging" portion of the commute and then turn the a/c off and roast in your car after they get out (or before they get in) to save money.

Is simple courtesy worth 60 cents?
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 2:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]
quote:
riginally posted by 122582

... 120 mile daily commute ....

Is there a new Richmond slug line?

FYI - The daily commute from Fredericksburg to DC is approx. 120 miles. If he was talking about Richmond it would be closer to 230 miles. Note: Daily suggests he is referring to the total of his morning and evening commute. But, of course, who wouldn't get that??
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 2:18pm
Not bitter, just a little tired of whiny bottom feeders.

I know what the commute costs me, and how much I'm saving the slugs.

The slugs are the ones here who need to worry about courtesy:
- Get in quickly
- No talking
- No cell phone convo other than "I'm almost there, honey"
- Don't leave trash in my car
- Don't slam the door - it's a German car, the doors close properly
- If you expect me to treat you as if we are in a carpool, fine, cough up a few bucks

Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 2:28pm

"Not bitter, just a little tired of whiny bottom feeders."

Can we say a**hole?
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 2:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by Moody Girl
[br]122582,

"Not bitter, just a little tired of whiny bottom feeders."

Can we say a**hole?

Maybe, but he does have a valid point.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 2:44pm
It really must depend on which car you're driving. I either get the same gas mileage with the A/C on, or maybe even better than without the A/C.

I had this discussion the other day with my brother. He says his 4 cylinder Accord noticably struggles with the A/C on, and because of that he thinks it kills his MPG. I don't know if he's verified this though.

On Pat Goss' radio show a couple of weeks back, he said on most cars these days the difference in MPG is in 1/10ths of a mile, certainly less than 1MPG.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 2:51pm
The engine size makes the differnece. Back in the late 60's AC was generally not available on anything but V-8s.

My RAM Diesel doesn't pay attention to the AC being on or off. My 4 cyl Audi, on the other hand feels everything.

My 5.9L Durango sees a 3 MPG decrease with the AC on.

Not sure where Pat Goss gets his numbers, but he's sadly mistaken. Remember, he's also an endorser of miracle additives (which real mechanics will tell you are worthless).
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 3:02pm
122582, just pay it forward. Hope that the slug will have such a nice ride in, that he/she will go to work and be nice to someone else, and so on. Maybe it won't come back to you, but then you will have been responsible for a lot of nice people in DC that day. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic