Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2005 at 1:11pm
Ok, that's fair. A lot of people may consider AC a luxury.

But there are many people who may be unable to breathe in a hot/humid car without any AC. So what do we do?

We leave it up to the driver. It's his/her car anyway. If a rider doesn't want to ride without AC, then the rider can choose to skip that car, and let the next person ride instead.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2005 at 2:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by SlugginGator
[br]Mycroftt, out of curiosity are you a chemical, mechanical, or aerospace engineer? Just asking because your reference to turbulence and drag is right on.

No - I'm just a run-of-the-mill internet know-it-all. [:o)]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2005 at 3:07pm
Ok, posting this. Hope you don't focus on the EPA mpg numbers. The point is that hybrids don't make the cut in fuel economy in hot or cold weather (e.g. normal operations for much of the country).

http://www.freep.com/money/autoreviews/phelan3e_20050203.htm

My Toyota 6 cylinder cares very little if the AC or defroster is on. I average 25.6 miles per gallon whether there are 3 or 4 full sized (super-sized?) men in the vehicle.

Now, tell me, which would you rather ride in? A vehicle with decent gas mileage for today's vehicles that can serve to reduce emissions and congestion WHILE cooling you adequately on a muggy VA summer day? Or a hybrid that sucks gas just because you choose to be more comfortable with an "option" (imho, not an option in VA) engaged?

Anyways. I'm waiting on the hydrogen car of the future. Now, there's real CLEAN FUEL.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2005 at 8:39am
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]Not bitter, just a little tired of whiny bottom feeders.

I know what the commute costs me, and how much I'm saving the slugs.

The slugs are the ones here who need to worry about courtesy:
- Get in quickly
- No talking
- No cell phone convo other than "I'm almost there, honey"
- Don't leave trash in my car
- Don't slam the door - it's a German car, the doors close properly
- If you expect me to treat you as if we are in a carpool, fine, cough up a few bucks

Reread the slug rules - you must provide human basic comforts or take your over-priced German car out of the sluglines. Why have a expensive car and sweat in it, anyway. Aren't you concerned that slug-sweat will eventually ruin your precious expensive leather car seats??

It's time you take your selfish self back into the turtle lanes where you belong.

Please help us out and identify the make and color of your car and where you pick up? We don't want to accidently get stuck with you. Oh, by the way --- if someone like you (and the other driver in the above message) tries to fake A/C or turns it off --- well, I've got a unpleasant surprise for your German car --- I puke when I'm in a lot of humidity and can't get air! [:D][:D] Try reselling a car with that in it.[}:)]

You really should not be playing games with slugs who may have walked a long distance in the evening to the Metro, ridden with hot sweaty tourists, and walked another 1/2 mile out to the Pentagon slugline and waited another 15-20 minutes for a ride. We don't need the likes of you!![}:)]

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2005 at 8:59am
ohio7, don't worry... 122582 is one of a kind. Sometimes people just lose sight of things and become inhuman.. :(

Most of us would gladly turn on AC when we drive. :D
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2005 at 9:11am
quote:
Originally posted by tbear21282
[br]I think the bottom line is that the slugger is relying on a ride home. I feel like as long as you get there safely and on TIME that is all that matters. Remember A/C is a luxury. it may not seem that way because people today always want what they want but really it is up to the driver's discretion. Personally in my car, although I don't drive, I rarely turn on the A/C. I would rather be hot for I find it comfortable. That is my personal opinion. Different strokes for different folks but the main goal is to get out and down the road...being comfortable is a luxury. If I got in someone's car and the air was not on and it was hot...Ok. i would ask, if they say no then they say no. What am I going to do about it...fight, jump out the car on HOV and become a hitchhiker...NO! Deal with it and move on. If someone's car is broke down..meaning can not start or is having problems making it up the road...that is when it is broken down...not because the A/C is not working. Furthermore, if you are not paying for my car A/C to be fixed then you really shouldn't have anything to say but that you would like the A/C on. End of discussion.

tbear21282 - I'll tell you the same thing I told the last post by me - you are new and should read the slug rules. A/C and heat are basic comforts that ARE EXPECTED!! [:(!] NO - it is not a luxury when it's over 85 and the humidity is just as high. The least you should do if you are that cheap is let the sluggers know BEFORE they get in that there will be no A/C and let them decide if they want a sauna ride in their nice suits. Sheesh!! Maybe you should join the other guy in the turtle lanes, also.

122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 10:33am
Ohio7, what type of POS do you drive? Does its AC work? I doubt it.

Puke in my car, and you'd be hitch-hiking home after you cleaned your filth up, big man.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 10:44am
Why so much hostility?? This is the first time I have seen people get so nasty!!! I think its time admin steps in.

:'}
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 11:06am
Slugging is not always built for comfort. Sometimes we may encounter no air, no heat and the like. As long as a "no air" car can let the windows down, no problem, especially if I'm going home.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 12:19pm
I think 122582 needs a new job where he/she can be in better spirits during the work day. :)

What say you, 122582?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic