Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 11:01am
I believe its S.A.C.R.I.F.I.C.E
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 11:13am
Haven't we already established that it's okay, in some limited circumstances, to bypass the first car in line if the second car alread has two people?

If so, why are we still yelling at each other?

Turn down the hyperbole, people. Sheesh.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 11:23am
quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]When I said selfish, I was referring to when you passed up the person in the first car in line to suit your needs.

Since when is buying gas for your car so you can go to work a "sacrafice"? Oh, please!! I know people who have served our country and lost their lives recently doing it. THAT is sacrafice!!

quote:
Originally posted by cedarcitynative
This concludes my interest and participation in this thread.

Please....be gone then!

KCWOLFPCK,

Since when did serving in the military and giving up one's life have anything to do with this discussion? Sidebar: I support our troups and commend them for their honorable sacrifices on behalf of our country. GOD BLESS AMERICA!! End sidebar.

The term sacrifice has SEVERAL definitions or appropriate usages. Moreover, there are also different LEVELS of sacrifice. Shame on on you for lumping military service and slugging into one.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 11:44am
I was simply giving a comparison to show that what you view as a "sacrifice" is a necessity for most people and in the grand scheme of things, very minimal. Whether it be to drive 3 miles to the commuter lot to hop on the vanpool (my situation), or to drive 58 miles from F'Burg to DC daily....your car needs gas to run. In my opinion, putting gas in your car is a choice you make....not a sacrifice.

It's obvious that you are someone who feels the need to have the last word...so here's your chance.

KCWolfPck....out!
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 12:08pm
S-A-C-R-I-F-I-C-E!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 1:21pm
i]Originally posted by getmehome pweeze[/i]
[br]So, you think that my husband and I, who always slug together, should slug separate, if the car we get into just so happens to pick both of us up, even if the driver already has a 2nd in the car before us? Just because you may have to wait for another slug, for the car you may wait in after us?? Ok, so sorry to inconvenience you, NOT!!

MYCROFT-
“Yes, I think any "to hell with the rest of the world" attitude is juvenile, self-serving, and more than a little clueless. The slugging system exists to benefit those who participate in it and decisions on what should be done in any given situation should be predicated on maximizing the benefits for ALL the participants. Selfish and juvenile behaviour like you describe may benefit oneself in the short term, because it provides an immediate solution to a short-term need but it does little to help everybody get home and even less to promote a healthy level of participation in slugging that would benefit all participants. If anyone could really be so selfish as to blithely inconvenience another slug and another driver or so clueless as to be unable to identify solutions that benefit everybody, than I can only say that selfish individual is a prime example of someone without whose participation the slugging system would be greatly improved.”

quote: TDAR-

[You cant stand to be apart? Is that the reason here?? Helping another individual would seem the right thing to do....I mean what are we talking about here....1 hour of being apart??

:'}

As an answer to both of you fools...

Its about getting to work and home, isnt that the name of the game here? We both work in DC, live in the same house (in VA), share one car. So, does that mean that we have to take separate slug cars to and from work, to play lets see who gets home to the lot first? Then number one, has to wait for number two, to arrive at the lot to go home? You are joking, right? Or, next you'll suggest that we go out and buy a second car, so we can each drive two separate cars to the lot every morning, so we can possibly not interfere with the way you might be affected? Piss off to both of you.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 2:22pm
quote:

As an answer to both of you fools...

Its about getting home, isnt that the game here? We both work in DC, live in the same house, share one car. So, does that mean that we have to take separate cars, to play lets see who gets to the lot first? Then number one, has to wait for number two, to arrive to go home? You are joking, right? Or, next you'll suggest that we go out and buy a second car, so we can each drive two separate cars to the lot every morning, so we can possibly not interfere with the way you might be affected? Piss off to both of you.

Listen up. YOU suggested that someone wanted you and your husband to slug separately, not somebody else. YOU are now suggsting that someone wants you to buy another car, not somebody else. See? There your statements are right in your posts: "So, you think that my husband and I, who always slug together, should slug separate..." and "next you'll suggest that we go out and buy a second car". Nobody has suggested anything of the sort - only YOU have brought up those points.

Hhhhmmmm...are we a little paranoid? Are we feeling a little guilty perhaps for selfishly and childishly abusing a system set up by adults and intended to be mutually advantageous for all participants? I must say that your selfish view of the world is quite remarkable. I wasn't sure that people like you really existed. Thanks for putting yourself on display.

For my part, I have often given up a ride to someone who was in a hurry, or the final destination going into the district in the morning might have been more advantageous for them, or who had no umbrella in the rain, or who clearly wanted to ride with another person on line. I guess I'm just not playing "the game" according to your rules, which seem to be solely to gratify your own needs even at the expense of someone else. It must really suck being you.
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 2:33pm
"I'll give you a real life example of how "I want to ride in THAT car" affects the dynamics of the line. I was slugging from Rosslyn to 610 and was fourth (of four people) in line. Two cars pull up and I immediately move toward the second car. The other three people all began piling in the first car. When I suggested we ride two slugs to each car I got a response "We want to ride together". Off they went and I sat in the car with the other driver (who was quite disgusted) for about 5 minutes before another slug came along.

I don't believe that the free style approach is a healthy thing for slugging. I think you should get in the first car in line unless there is some good reason you don't want to get in there,"...

So, thats not saying that we all have to follow protocol of, three per car, because you didnt want to wait?

WOW! A round of applause for you, aren’t we the martyr. All I was saying is that we commute, TOGETHER. In one car. Whether that means, waiting for a car that NEEDS two, or seeing if a driver, will TAKE TWO. So sorry, you didn’t comprehend that, the first time. I was listing examples of what someone, like yourself, since you think that I am so damned selfish, might say next. No, I am not selfish, or abusing the system, or juvenile, because I choose to ride home with the person that lives in the same house as me. It must really suck, being, well, YOU. Like I said, piss off. Have a nice day now.

KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 2:49pm
I hate it, when, people, put a comma, after every other, word, in a sentence. It makes it, really, hard to, read. LOL :)
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 2:54pm
S,O,R,R,Y,. [:D]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic