Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

flat tire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakytdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flat tire
    Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:01am
I just wanted to thank the guys that were in the mini van this morning. We got a flat tire right before the HOV entrance, and the guys in the van changed the tire in less than 15 minutes. I don't know what we would have done if the woman driver only took the first two people in line...both woman.

Those guys are angels...heaven sent. I thank you very much...

T

Pauwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2002 at 8:05am
No need to be insulting. Some men can change tires, some men cannot. Some women can change tires, some women cannot.
bags View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2002 at 4:00pm
I hope you're kidding about the insulting part. I think time was the issue not the fact they were men. Cheese and Biskets...have thicker skin.

Tilmer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2002 at 4:41pm
Bags: re read freak's message - it WAS insulting. And since you seem to be of the same ilk - get a brain!
bags View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 10:48am
Boo Hoo. Are you hurt because somebody was glad they had men change their tire out and admitted it?

freakytdp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakytdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 11:13am
Some of you need to get a grip in reading into things. I was just thanking the individuals who were willing to give a hand in a quick and timely manner. Women do know how to change tires, including myself and the other women in the van...but I'll be damned to get down on my hands and knees in a white linen dress on my way to work to change a flat tire. They were willing to help...or I was going to call for help. Does someone have an identity problem???

Slug Cheri View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug Cheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 12:47pm
Ok, I am a very liberated woman, I can change a tire, my oil and replace fuses too but give me a break. I would welcome the chance to let a man change my tire versus ruin my dress with grease or heaven forbid it be raining like this morning - might as well go home cause you now look like a drowned rat. I'm not going to ruin the start of my day when someone wants to show that chivalry isn't completely dead. And I doubt that those women in the car wanted to change the tire either. I applaud the men who helped!

Cheri Kelly
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2002 at 8:11am
Chivalry is not dead and I would jump at the chance to help a lady out and have done so on many occasions. Only once did it turn out as a bad experience. After I finished changing her tire in a parking lot she jumped in her car a drove off with out even a thank-you! However, has not changed my attitude about stopping to help!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic