Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

car temperature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 12:13pm
I love the word odiferous, I need to use that on my hubby!! haha, still a gross topic though!!

:'}
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 1:37pm
Women don't fart. If they do, they need to use the bathroom to excuse themselves. Its common knowledge. Men are manly and thus can fart, burp and do whatever we want. After all, we are men. Women, nope, it ain't happening. Don't even go there. PanaRican needs a spanking and I know just the person to give it to her! She's gonna be calling me for more though. Pana - you get in the front seat and drive me home tonight. I'll ride you all the way!
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 1:39pm
Be careful what you wish for Enuf, you might just get it! [:X]
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 2:22pm
Oh BEEE-HAVEEE! Wink Wink. Everyone loves a latin boy! [}:)]
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 10:07pm
quote:
Originally posted by ridetodc
[br]I understand the rules about riders changing the a/c, but I feel the driver has an obligation to a reasonable temperature in the car. SNIP ...would welcome comments...

MOTION SICKNESS

Parents have recent experience with motion sickness. The rest of us have to recall our own childhood experiences.

Ask a successful parent how they prevent motion sickness.

This information will be especially useful for your future trips on VRE and BRT.

I (Dick Boyd) am a successful parent. That means I have not killed my children, even though there were a few times when I came close.

For a more definitive answer Google "nausea", "motion sickness" or "car sickness".

The major points that stuck to me. Humans have several ways of determining which way is up. Inner ear, muscular reaction, vision are three to be discussed here. If the three do not agree, the body thinks it has been poisoned and will take drastic measures to get rid of the poison. Common events are "Calling Europe", upchucking (not to be confused with a British monarch), or worshipping at the porcelean throne.

Slugs already know which way is up, so slugs seldom get car sick. But there are some newbies with only twenty or twenty-five years of slugging that may not have gotten the hang of being a passenger.

Here are some tips for drivers. Keep the car as cold as possible. In the summer, passengers should complain about how cold your car is. Passengers should not have to ask drivers to make the car colder. Passengers are your guests. Very useful, though short term guests. Not like the brother-in-law that stayed three months. Though a congested ride may seem like three months, all slug rides are within the same day by definition.

In the winter, keep the temperature low. Turn up the heat after passengers ears and noses turn blue. When VRE, BRT and HOT are the law of the land, you will not have passengers, so ignore this advice.

Some tips for passengers. Look outside the car, or close your eyes. Breathe through your mouth. Make a tunnel with your tongue. Inhale through this tunnel. This will cool your tongue. Hold your cooled tongue to the roof of your mouth as you exhale through your nose.

If you are prone to car sickness, carry a "barf" bag. Contrary to popular opinion these bags were not named after Barf Simpson. Open the window (remember to ask the driver) and use your hand to direct a flow over your face, especially the ears. This will create enough noise so you can't hear the other people in the car or rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern on the radio.

You will not be able to do this on VRE or BRT, so learn an alternate form, such as rapid fanning with an unfolded checkbook.

Do not turn your head quickly. This will only confuse your inner ear and result in vertigo. If you remember the Jimmy Stewart, Alfred Hitchcock movie, when someone asks if it was vertigo, you can reassure them it was only forty feet.

Since you are sitting while riding in a slug car, you can't get up and walk around as on a VRE or BRT. On a VRE, BRT you will aleady be standing. Just shift your weight from one foot to the other on VRE/BRT.

Sitting in a car, put your hands under your legs and try to lift your torso with your arms. This in place push up might have a different effect on the driver. Expect immediate cold air from the air conditoner. Drivers, please note. The passenger is trying to tell you something.

Presented for entertainment only. If you suffer from vertigo or nausea, please seek medical advice. Short term nausea after a "vote for me" speech is normal.

Have you recuited a slug today? See Boyd's bees or the classifieds for tips on recruiting slugs.

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic