Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What was wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 7:28am
As Paul Harvey says "Now the rest of the story".....

This woman gets in the front seat of my car, falls asleep and starts to snore loudly. After awhile it didn't look like she was going to stop, so I tapped on my breaks a few times trying to wake her up. Each time I tapped on the breaks I made sure there wasn't a car following closely behind. Well, be careful what you ask for...she finally wakes up, proceeds to put gum in her mouth and started popping it relentlessly. The only reason she stopped was she fell back asleep and started snoring again. That was when I tapped her leg with my soda can, just trying another way to wake her up.

Maybe I should have spoken up, but it can be hard to tell a stranger that their behavior is distracting, irritating and down right rude. So instead of speaking up, I tried to get to Rt. 3 as quickly (and safely) as possible. Yes, I did change lanes frequently, but each time I made sure to use my turn signal and did not cut any one off. I did not tailgate. At no time was I driving agressively. What SpotsyN8ive let out was, when she got out of my car, she let the belt buckle hit against the window sharply and slammed my car door really hard. That's why I told her not to ride in my car again. After a very uncomfortable ride for me, she treated my property very disresptfully.

Regarding the lady in the back seat using her cell phone, I had no problem with her(although a considerate slug asks for permission to use a cell phone). I was exacerbated by your rude and inconsiderate behavior.

It's slugs like you that make people go buy hybrids. Maybe I get clean fuel tags for my hybrid. But then again, I'm a firm believer in HOV-3 and I will not let your bad behavior dissuade me from picking up slugs. In the four years of picking up slugs at Gordon Rd, I have had numerous slugs compliment me on my driving and providing a comfortable, safe ride home. You should actually be thanking me...I was one of the people responsible for getting the Rt 3 line started!
AZ Man View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 7:57am
Their usually is a "rest of the story." Thanks for chiming in and providing your side of the story and thanks for continuing to pick up SLUGs!!
SpotsyN8ive View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsyN8ive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 8:16am
Good Morning All,

I am very glad MJ answered my question, "What was wrong?" because I honestly did not know what had happened.

My gum chewing was not relentless because, I was already concerned about this lady being upset about something. Therefore, I was not about to try to add to whatever might have been wrong.

Reading MJ's view of the situation, I'm not even sure we were in the same vehicle. The other slug and I do agree there was excessive braking and the lane changes were not done appropriately. There were some hard looks from a couple other drivers as well. Perhaps they were just having a bad afternoon too.

As for the seat belt hitting the window, I take extra care in making sure I put seat belts back in place and not let the fling back in position. Nor did I call myself slamming your car door.

MJ, I apologize for the fact that you felt that I disrespected your property. Disrepecting your property was not my intent in any way. The snoring, I can't do anything about it and don't always know I'm doing it because I'm sleep. But, I am sorry it offended you.

I have passed other vehicles in the slug line for and should the "opportunity" present itself again, I shall pass up a ride in your vehicle also.

Sincerely,
SpotsyN8ive

SpotsyN8ive
AZ Man View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 12:18pm
dickboyd

I can almost gargle the peanut butter but still having trouble standing on my head, check back in about a year and I should have it mastered and ready to go :).
werlau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werlau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 10:08pm
Oh my, do people really print out the "rules" and put them in the seat pockets for riders to read? I have been slugging for almost a year now and I have never ever ridden in a vehicle like that! But seriously, if I had, I think I might be a little concerned--it's like having homework on your ride home! I wonder if you have to sign on the dotted line before getting in one of those cars? Before my first time slugging, I did my research online and talked to a co-worker, both of which gave me a good idea of what is expected of slugs. That is just too funny!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 1:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by werlau
[br]Oh my, do people really print out the "rules" and put them in the seat pockets for riders to read? I have been slugging for almost a year now and I have never ever ridden in a vehicle like that! But seriously, if I had, I think I might be a little concerned--it's like having homework on your ride home! I wonder if you have to sign on the dotted line before getting in one of those cars? Before my first time slugging, I did my research online and talked to a co-worker, both of which gave me a good idea of what is expected of slugs. That is just too funny!

I gotta say, I don't think it's really a bad idea. Just because this a popular forum for slugs/drivers, that doesn't mean that EVERYONE knows about the site. Some people hear about slugging by word of mouth. Four years ago, when I started, that's how I heard about it. I found out about this site later, read the etiquette "suggestions" and realized that I was not always on par with them, then made adjustments. Flyers might actually benefit in a lot of ways besides etiquette awareness...if you reference the site, there will be a lot more people who read the posts and beef up on the current events in slugging (there you go, Admin...free commercial. LOL)

Just another way of thinking about it :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic