Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now I understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursechapel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now I understand
    Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 10:02am
I had to drive this week, and I'm beginning to understand why so many drivers post a lot of negative comments.

Loud cell phone conversations to a guy hitting on me.

Some people must have never heard of manners.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 10:05am
Physical violence from slugs should be reported.....
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 10:19am
I have heard from a woman rider that a male driver once locked the doors from the inside, and said that he wanted to talk to her because he doesn't really get to meet women....

sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 10:37am
Nurse....make sure you report this slug, no one should have to put up with abuse...
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 11:31am
Nurse,
Sorry about all that. Would be nice if folks were more considerate. The "pick up" thing isn't really covered except that slugs aren't to "speak unless spoken to" other than the formalities.

Hang in there. There will be more positive experiences than negative ones as time goes on.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 11:45am
Are you cute enough to hit on? Can I ride with you?
Sticky Bandaid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sticky Bandaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 12:11pm
Mr. Miltrade, your post -- not good on many levels. Shame on you.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 12:22pm
nursechapel, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I think the man who hit on you has social problems, and he has probably made unwelcome advances in other situations as well.

Yes, a lot of guys make wrong moves, but this is not the place for it.
Rule #1: Never make a move if the woman has no means of escape. If a woman is not given the opportunity to politely turn down a man's first move, that move should never have been made in the first place.

That means hitting on someone in the slug system is a no-no!
nursechapel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursechapel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 12:25pm
I'm used to being hit upon at work (many of you guys seem to have a "thing" for nurses), but not in my car. I just want to get home!

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 12:27pm
That being said, I have to admit, I did once get a phone number from a slug I picked up. And we did go out afterwards.

But there was nothing unwelcome there. We had a perfectly normal conversation on the way into the city, and she gave me her info when I dropped her off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic