Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:31pm
What? Whoa, off-topic rant. Yikes. How is "very true" different from "true," anyway?
Please disengage your Caps Lock key, too. Gracias.
stewart View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by POedDriver
[br]J-Stuff - If you read my original post, you would already know that answer to your question.

For someone who wants help, you're pretty damn rude.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 4:16pm
stewart, I understand his rudeness because he's PO'd. I would definitely be PO'd if it happened to me and maybe not realize that I came across rudely to others. I can see myself making false threats (got a gun) because it might just scare the pants off the perpetrator.

POedDriver, Do you recall if this guy said thanks or have a nice day when he left the car? Did he say anything to you at all or did you say anything to him? Is there a way you can prove it was the person you described? Are you getting fingerprints taken?

Goober
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 4:28pm
goober, stewart, I understand his rudeness. I mean look at his screenname... even the screenname is "POedDriver"... created just for posting PO'd comments on the slug board.

So this driver never posted on this board before, and is now posting about this event, but probably doesn't plan to post about anything else in future.

But that still doesn't warrant rude behavior... the people on this board did nothing to deserve rudeness...

That being said, I read that so-called "rude" post... didn't really seem that rude to me when I read it... I just scrolled up to find the answer to the question. :)

Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by anothercommuter
[br]Just wanted to say this even though it doesn't pertain to the vandalism postings, NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!, IF SOMEONE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO DAMAGE TO SOMEONE THE SLUG COULD ALWAYS PLACE A GUN OR NARCOTICS IN YOUR CAR(assuming nobody sees him/her). IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THE POLICE SEE IT YOU'RE DONE FOR BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHOSE CAR IT IS OR WHO WAS IN THE CAR THE BOTTOMLINE IS YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT VEHICLE.

Sure the police would have probable cause to arrest, but at trial it must be proven that you knew about the contraband. Here's the jury instruction:

POSSESSION -- DEFINED

There are two kinds of possession: actual and constructive. A person has actual possession of something if s/he has direct physical control over it. [[S/He has constructive possession of something when s/he does not have direct physical control over it, but knowingly has both the power and the intent at a given time to control it], [either by himself/herself or through another person].]
[Possession may be shared with one or more people.]
Mere presence near something or mere knowledge of its location is not enough to show possession. To prove possession, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant had actual or constructive possession of the ________________, [alone or with someone else].
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 3:23am
TWO MAN RULE

Just as locks keep an honest man honest and sometimes slow down a thief, the two man rule can inhibit vandalism. Walk in pairs in unknown neighborhoods.

If there is only one rider in the rear seat and the slug in the front seat is asleep, then there is really only one passenger. But if there are two passengers in the rear seat, one could keep an eye on the other. Or they both could sleep.

Virginia is for lovers. It seems slug lines have more and more people that are driving from a different neighborhood to get parking for a slug line.

Two suggestions. Short term, take three. The more the merrier. More is less. More people in one car is less congestion. Long term get more and better slug parking in the neighborhood.

Have you recruited a slug today? If you heard about the benefits of slugging through word of mouth, are you passing the word?

dickboyd@aol.com
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 8:35am
Here we go, every one off on rants again. P'Od, good luck to you,I hope that justice will be served and that everyone here will stop passing judgement and follow your origional request to leave the subject be if they cannot help with any further information (with that I also apologize for adding to this post)

:'}
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 8:46am
Hmmm...rants. Sounded like we were getting some good information like what happens if someone leaves you a "gift" and the police find it and possible ways to prevent further "instances" of backseat shenanigans.

Picked up 4 slugs yesterday. We had a great discussion on the way home. It was a "funny slugging adventures" "slugfest". Lots of great stories out there. One surprising thing was the number of women (yes, women) drivers who leave their purse on the seat or floor behind them with a stranger in the backseat. Les see, mebbe, we should hand out fliers to drivers:

1. Pick up enough slugs so you can have one to watch the other in the backseat.
2. Stash your personal belongings where a stranger (yes, many slugs are strange) can't access them without you knowing.
3. ....

The list goes on...slug on folks!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 10:29am
I've ridden several times with this female driver who insists that both slugs sit in the back of her vehicle. I must admit that I found it rather strange before -- but now it makes sense to have them keep an eye on each other in the back -- or maybe she is a limo driver by profession. [8D]

VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 10:48am
make 'em sit in back so your purse can sit up front! I store mine in trunk of car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic