Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 11:16am
AnotherCommuter is incorrect, incidentally. In Virginia:

"In determining whether a defendant constructively possessed drugs, the defendant's proximity to the drugs and his occupancy of the [premises] must also be considered. Although mere proximity to the drugs is insufficient to establish possession, and occupancy of the [premises] does not give rise to a presumption of possession, . . . both are factors which may be considered in determining whether a defendant possessed drugs."

Josephs v. Commonwealth, 10 Va. App. 87, 100, 390 S.E.2d 491, 498 (1990) (en banc) (citations omitted).
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 12:18pm
quote:
Originally posted by anothercommuter
[br]Just wanted to say this even though it doesn't pertain to the vandalism postings, NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!, IF SOMEONE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO DAMAGE TO SOMEONE THE SLUG COULD ALWAYS PLACE A GUN OR NARCOTICS IN YOUR CAR(assuming nobody sees him/her). IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THE POLICE SEE IT YOU'RE DONE FOR BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHOSE CAR IT IS OR WHO WAS IN THE CAR THE BOTTOMLINE IS YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT VEHICLE.

THIS IS A VERY TRUE STATEMENT. CHECK WITH THE POLICE THEY WILL VERIFY IT.

OK, OK...you don't have to yell...
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 1:08pm
With the price of good drugs and the cost of a new handgun...why would I want to leave it in someone elses car!!??

quote:
Originally posted by anothercommuter
[br]Just wanted to say this even though it doesn't pertain to the vandalism postings, NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!, IF SOMEONE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO DAMAGE TO SOMEONE THE SLUG COULD ALWAYS PLACE A GUN OR NARCOTICS IN YOUR CAR(assuming nobody sees him/her). IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THE POLICE SEE IT YOU'RE DONE FOR BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHOSE CAR IT IS OR WHO WAS IN THE CAR THE BOTTOMLINE IS YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT VEHICLE.

THIS IS A VERY TRUE STATEMENT. CHECK WITH THE POLICE THEY WILL VERIFY IT.

uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 9:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by POedDriver
[br]Ok, you can all relax about the gun. I don't even own a gun. Even if I did, I'm not dumb enough to use it like that. I was just still irate when I typed my original post.

Not dumb enough to use a gun just dumb enough to threaten to use a gun on a public post. What an idiot. You deserve your ripped seats.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 7:42am
Gosh! What did RLD ask for? A police report number? Do we have one?

Suzan
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 1:56pm
Sorry, uhura, but nobody who willingly provides others a free ride to work deserves to have their car vandalized. If you're perfect enough to have never uttered regrettable words when angry, good for you. The rest of us mortals still make mistakes and sometimes have to remove our feet from our mouths.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic