Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reston to/from Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reston to/from Crystal City
    Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 1:51pm
Is there a reliable line from Reston into Crystal City and back? I noticed there's one to Rosslyn but is that it? Also, why isn't there a line from Rosslyn back to Reston? Can someone shed some insight on these routes?

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
stewart View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:44pm
The Rosslyn line has never taken off from what I can tell and I have never heard of one to Crystal City. I've been a slug once from the Park and Ride in Reston/Herndon and saw a wanna-be slug holding up a sign to DC....but that's it. I think it is just easier for people to hop on the bus/metro although I personally know it is quicker to drive in the carpool lanes and on to 66 before HOV ends.

From,
A wanna-be slug/driver!
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 9:47am
I read the comments from the Herndon/Reston line on this site (Morning Slug Lines link) and it seems to be semi-active going to Rosslyn.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
stewart View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 9:24am
I slugged in to Rosslyn this morning! I asked the guy where he picked up slugs in the afternoon and he said he doesn't because his hours vary so much and he wasn't even sure where to pick them up. Obviously, more communication needs to be done on this route for it to take off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic