Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting Other Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:07am
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]vabigblue,
You men you've never been to one of the annual spring SlugFests at the 123 slug lot? [:0] Food, fun, frolic, music, dancing, and fellowship with several thousand of our favorite slug buddies and drivers. [^] Look for ads next March and April in your local paper!
(just kiddin') [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Actually SluDge, that's not a bad idea. It might be fun to meet some of the people you "talk" to everyday.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:03pm
I ride with someone that's on the site often, I recognized the plates from the ID name. I have also met a guy that was one of the pioneers of the Crystal City slug line.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:37pm
It's easy to meet people, if you get out a little. Or just pay attention. I've met KatieM, Bob, JiggaJynx, 13YearSlugger (an old friend,) RLD hisself, shirons, Sheepish, and more.

Of course, people tend to introduce themselves to you when you're six feet tall, square, and yellow. Tends to be a conversation starter, that.

We have a very human little community here, don't we?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 5:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]mirangus, I was the person trying to get the courthouse road lot started up again, but I don't ride with anyone as I am a driver every day. You must have been with an impostor.

Darn, you're gonna make me go back to the archives and look for their name again, huh?? Just Kidding...

She never said if she was "starting the line" per se, but I remember she was pretty militant about it. Really ticked some people off on this message board, too, because she was putting down all the 610 people and trying to guilt people into using the 630 lot.

Someone, back me up here. This was the person that logged on about 200 posts in a month or something, absolutely RAVING about the 630 line.

Arrrrgggghhhh...LOL. Now it's gonna bug me...I'll go look...stay tuned...
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 5:51pm
shelbybrynn...that was the name...

now I'll sleep tonight...
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 7:34am
I'd like to meet Sponge, do you have a buddy Patrick? I have said the "I read on sluglines...", but only one person said they read, not post. Oh well! I know your out there! I still say we need a logo....

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic