Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshineghetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge
    Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 1:22pm
I just moved to the Woodbridge area and starting on Monday, I am looking for the easiest way into Crystal City, or the metro

[:)]Can anyone out there help me?

sunshine
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 1:44pm
Hi Sunshine,
I also live in Woodbridge and have slugged from all three lots there. I go to Rosslyn, which shares a line with Crystal City at Tackett's Mill and Potomac Mills. I currently use the Horner Road lot. All three are good, so you have to decide which is best for you bsed on location and time of day.
Good luck. You'll LOVE slugging.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:00pm
If you plan on being at the lot before 7 am, then use Horner Rd, after that the lots fill up quickly and parking is impossible. Potomac Mills is the best lot because there's a consistent flow of slugs/drivers all morning until 8:30, and the lots are always vacant. I've been slugging from Potomac Mills to Crystal City for a year now and it's great. Expect Horner slugs to get picked up quicker in the evenings though.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
tpm4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpm4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:12pm
Carleric, how exactly does the Rosslyn slug line work? I just started a job here in Rosslyn and metro'd in this morning, but don't plan to continue to do so. Do I just get in the Crystal City line and wait for a Rosslyn driver? Are there usually enough drivers and passengers in your experience? I've never slugged before and am scared to death about it. Any advice?
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:33pm
I have never been in a Rosslyn/CC line that wasn't mostly Rosslyn riders. In the lines that are both, the driver in the car at the front will announce out the window to the slugs in the front of the line where s/he's going, then the next two going there get in. In my experience there are MORE than enough drivers to go around, esp. at Potomac Mills. I have occasionally had a wait of more than 10 or 15 minutes, but that's maybe once a month. Maybe.

Feel free to email me through this site if you'd like.....)
sunshineghetto View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshineghetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:07pm
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]Hi Sunshine,
I also live in Woodbridge and have slugged from all three lots there. I go to Rosslyn, which shares a line with Crystal City at Tackett's Mill and Potomac Mills. I currently use the Horner Road lot. All three are good, so you have to decide which is best for you bsed on location and time of day.
Good luck. You'll LOVE slugging.

sunshine
sunshineghetto View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshineghetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:11pm
I plan on starting very early in the a.m. I'm in Alexandria right now and take metro. I'm at the station by 6:10. Getting a ride in would be great. I only know of the slug line on Old Bridge Road.

quote:
Originally posted by sunshineghetto
[br]I just moved to the Woodbridge area and starting on Monday, I am looking for the easiest way into Crystal City, or the metro

[:)]Can anyone out there help me?

sunshine

sunshine
tpm4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpm4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 9:10am
There are also lines at Potomac Mills parking lot and Horner Road. I haven't slugged before but plan to start tomorrow.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 11:02am
Excellent. I think Potomac Mills, if you decide to try there, is a wonderful choice, esp for Rosslyn riders.....
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 2:01pm
I used to slug from the Tackett's Mill lot to Rosslyn every morning and I loved it (moved to Springfield about 3 months ago and it's a pain trying to slug in from here). The good thing about the Rosslyn line is it's more organized then the Horner Rd lot and has more Rosslyn riders then the Potomac Mills lot, PLUS if you're running late, you can still catch a ride at 8:45!! Good luck to you guys, most people at Tackett's are really friendly and helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic