Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 19th and I St. Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 19th and I St. Slug Line
    Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:39am
The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Since this is a new line make sure to have a sign in hand that has either RT 610 or MINE Rd/Stafford on it.

Also, this is really the most important part, the line forms after the break in the road on 19th street closer to Penn Ave. Currently there are 3 VDOT barrells on the side of the street where the riders should stand. Stand in between the 2 trees just after the VDOT barrells. Once the riders go out to the spot, these instructions will be clear. If you DO NOT stand in the correct spot with your sign, you could be over looked by drivers thinking you are either waiting for the METRO bus or a van pool.

cabrazell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabrazell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 11:26am
DO WE NEED TO STAND IN ANY SPECIFIC LOCATION AT 610 FOR THE A.M. RIDE?
phil View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:16pm
is anyone going towards minneville road and dale blvd.
tdrcas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrcas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 3:42pm
How is this line working out? The line at the Pentagon is growing longer and longer. I would like to start using this line.
tdrcas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrcas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 10:44am
I tried this line yesterday. It was a little after 4 pm. I was able to get a ride within 5 minutes. It definitely cut down by ride time home. I will not have to go to the Pentagon anymore!
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 3:31pm
I am going to give this line a shot today instead of going to the Pentagon. Are there plenty of people out there shortly after 5 going to Mine Road? Hope see someone from Stafford out there this afternoon! [:D]

Dina
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 11:09am
I came by 19th and I around 5:05 yesterday and saw no one so I had to go to the Pentagon after all.

Dina
murfseven View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murfseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 1:18pm
I work until 5:30 p.m. at 17th and K. What would you say the chances are of getting a ride from 19th and I after 5:30 p.m.?

Dina, do you think you will try again?
swirlly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swirlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 11:04am
Anyone willing to stop at the new 19th and I pick up point and drop off at Horner instead of the Stafford area?

I know there are lots of sluggers who ride into the city and get dropped off on 18th st. Sure would be nice (and alot quicker) for drivers and riders to get picked up on 19th and head back to Horner instead of having to go to 14th and NY.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 3:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by swirlly
[br]Anyone willing to stop at the new 19th and I pick up point and drop off at Horner instead of the Stafford area?

I know there are lots of sluggers who ride into the city and get dropped off on 18th st. Sure would be nice (and alot quicker) for drivers and riders to get picked up on 19th and head back to Horner instead of having to go to 14th and NY.

I wouldn't because then I would have to go back out there and sit in traffic. You can't get back on the HOV's in the evenings once you get off after Springfield.

So it would benefit you and not me.

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic