Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 19th and I St. Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 1:29pm
There is a line that started Nov 2006 that leaves from 19th St between I and Penn, closer to Penn near the flower stand. It goes to Horner Road, and some to Potomac Mills. It starts around 3:40.

19, between H and Penn to Horner Road.
taylorkim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 1:36pm
It starts around 3:40. It meets on 19th, in between I and Penn, closer to Penn near the flower stand. The go to Stafford and Horner, Potomac Mills.

quote:
Originally posted by Jacquepaz
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by DENSIE
[br]Is this line open for folks heading to Horner Road or even 234???? I would certainly pick up and slug from it if it did.... Anybody stop there that isn't heading as far south as Stafford???[^]

taylorkim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 1:38pm
It starts around 3:40. It meets on 19th, in between I and Penn, closer to Penn near the flower stand. This line goes to Horner, Potomac Mills and Stafford.

quote:
Originally posted by LLittleRae
[br]Does the slugline on 19th & I go to the Horner Road Lot in Woodbridge?

MikeM24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 3:07pm
I decided to try this line Monday October 1st. I got there at about 3:50 and did not get a ride until almost 4:15 and I was third in line.

The line does move if you have patience. The flower stand is now gone, and the line forms just south of the alley off 19th between I and Penn.

Hope to see all you drivers there more often.
mecrystl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mecrystl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 1:50pm
I used this on xmas eve around 4pm and got there the same time as a driver. It took 15 min to wait for a second rider but once we got on the HOV we got to Potomac Mills in 30 min or less, so including wait time it was only 45 minutes - fabulous.

I will be there again tonight at 5pm to go to Potomac Mills if there is any driver going that way.
mecrystl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mecrystl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 1:49pm
My attempt to use this line last night was very fruitful. I showed up at 5pm or so and there was a line of about 5 people waiting for Horner and none waiting for Potomac Mills. Several Horner cars came and went during my 10 min wait and finally by 5:12 I was on my way. Got to PM around 5:45 or so due to traffic. The woman who was driving was extremely polite and pleasant, taking more than the required passengers and offering to drive passengers as close to their car as she could. All in all it was a great experience and I will definitely be doing this again in the future.
missie1230 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missie1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:33pm
I am new to slugging and I will soon be working in the district (20th & L) I am coming from Horner road area. Please any and all advice appreciated. Is this still an active slug line?
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 8:55am
Is 19th and I still active? If so, does it go to 234 or Horner or Potomac?
Thanks.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 3:39pm
[:)] It's still listed as an active line at the "Afternoon Slug Lines" tab of this website.

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/19th_&_I_St.asp
cmp9969 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmp9969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 4:51pm
Does anyone know if this slug line is good for 123 and/or Hechingers? There are a lot of 18th street riders in the morning so this seems ideal for the return.

VA Slugger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic