Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 19th and I St. Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 2:13pm
Can this new line be used by those who need to go to Bob's? I also read on the home page that the Bob's line was going to be moved to the parket lot in Springfield Plaza. When will this happen? I think it would be a great idea so folks don't have to cross Old Keene Mill Road which is becoming more and more dangerous.

Thanks.[8)]

quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Since this is a new line make sure to have a sign in hand that has either RT 610 or MINE Rd/Stafford on it.

Also, this is really the most important part, the line forms after the break in the road on 19th street closer to Penn Ave. Currently there are 3 VDOT barrells on the side of the street where the riders should stand. Stand in between the 2 trees just after the VDOT barrells. Once the riders go out to the spot, these instructions will be clear. If you DO NOT stand in the correct spot with your sign, you could be over looked by drivers thinking you are either waiting for the METRO bus or a van pool.

aflores
amatyap View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amatyap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 2:58pm
It is 19th and I st., normally few people are waiting at this spot.

Thank you.

Please also refer this homepage of this website (left upper corner- nearly).
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 3:44pm
aflores - you can catch a ride back to Bob's at 19 & F. Check the Afternoon Slug Lines section on the front page.

Don't know about the morning line moving. Guess that all depends upon when the Circuit City is load.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2006 at 7:15am
uh, that last sentence should read: Guess that all depends upon when the Circuit City is SOLD. Rumor has it that Kay Jennings is buying the lot.
anna1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2006 at 10:30am
Does anyone drop off at Sydenstricker or Rolling Valley?
Jacquepaz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacquepaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 4:53pm
quote:
Originally posted by DENSIE
[br]Is this line open for folks heading to Horner Road or even 234???? I would certainly pick up and slug from it if it did.... Anybody stop there that isn't heading as far south as Stafford???[^]

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2006 at 7:21am
Is this line working?

Reason I ask is because the occasional slug or driver comes up to 19th and F looking for a Woodbridge line. I'd hate to refer them to a line that doesn't work (well).
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2006 at 3:11pm
DC2RV,
Don't know about 19th and I, but 19th and F does not look too promising either. Today, GWU put up a fence closing off the sidewalk along the dorm being renovated. Not much space before you get to the turn lanes at 19th and E. Tonight could get interesting.
Deedeevee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deedeevee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2006 at 7:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Since this is a new line make sure to have a sign in hand that has either RT 610 or MINE Rd/Stafford on it.

Also, this is really the most important part, the line forms after the break in the road on 19th street closer to Penn Ave. Currently there are 3 VDOT barrells on the side of the street where the riders should stand. Stand in between the 2 trees just after the VDOT barrells. Once the riders go out to the spot, these instructions will be clear. If you DO NOT stand in the correct spot with your sign, you could be over looked by drivers thinking you are either waiting for the METRO bus or a van pool.

CplBaum View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CplBaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2006 at 2:59pm
How mush use does this slug line get? I'm heading down to Rt. 610 just after 4:00 today and am wondering whether I stand a good chance of finding any slugs at 19th & I.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic