Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

redneck drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HybridDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:11am
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]Am I the only one who read the original post as either tongue in cheek humor or an Internet troll just looking to agitate? There's a reason these incendiary posts tend to come from new users, I'm thinking.....

"Nat X" was the old racist Chris Rock skit on SNL. Troll most likely.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:22am
I don't know about embracing and enjoying the slugging experience. For the vast majority of us it's a cheap means of getting home or to work, not a trip to Disney World that one looks forward to with glee.

I suppose that we should check the hanging flags in some cars to see if that country's driver is one that we would allow ourselves to be see with! (Don't laugh - a co-worker saw me in a car that had a Puerto Rican flag in with a driver to match and, as one of Mexican descent, said he couldn't be seen in that car). Good grief, it's a free ride people. Let's not start the Civil War all over again. Why bother to post something of this nature anyway? It's his car and Johnny Cash sure beats the loud rappa dappa that I had to put up with this morning all the way up to L St.

I merely pulled out my very effective ear plugs. I didn't even hear him talking to me as I read my paper. He chuckled when he saw my rap-guards in my ears.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:08am
YO G-money, the SOUTH LOST!!!!! (sorry, in the north, we celebrate MLK day, not Stonewall Jackson day...)

Sometimes its hard to accept that everyone has different viewpoints on things, I wish instead of ear plugs there were diversity plugs!!

:'}
vaqtpie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaqtpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:30am
I remember that Nat-X skit from SNL. It was hilarious. Maybe the person posting it was just making a point about some of the silly complaints posted since it's been warm outside.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:31am
If ear plugs are designed to keep the noise out, then wouldn't diversity plugs be designed to keep the diversity out? :)
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:42am
Where's the slug love?

As an aside ... Redneck humor is often funny. Jeff Foxworthy made loads of money with jokes like:
You might be a Redneck if your mama hollers from the bathroom, "Come heah quick and see this thang before I flush it!" [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:23am
The slugging etiquette rule book states that there should be no conversations regarding sex, politics or religion. Now I believe that the Slug-lines.com User Manual states in chapter 5 section 4.1 paragragh 2: "Think before you type, if it sounds stoooopid, then it probably is."

Will we ever get over these?
SpotsySlugBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:45am
It would be rather ironic if this driver was playing Johhny Cash considering Cash's 60's and 70s music spoke out against the old school good-ole-boys "racist values". hmmm....me thinks this one's a troll...

TGIF!!![8D]
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:51am
natx - I can get mad at a lot of things, but getting a free ride and listening to Johnny isn't two of them. The confederate flag wouldn't even make me mad by just sitting there. Don't forget, you jumped in.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 12:28pm
Trust no one with fewer than 49 postings. Of whom they are, you do not know.

Sorry about that, Ohio7.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic