Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

redneck drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: redneck drivers
    Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 3:32pm
I was so mad this morning after I got out at the Pentagon. This dude had the Johnny Cash or somebody cranked up the whole ride, then when he pulls off I see a he had a confederate flag in the back window of his pickup. Isn't that flag illegal to have on a military base? I can't imagine what people thought of me seeing me riding around like that.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 4:09pm
Well, you know who not to ride with next time.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:30pm
Maybe it was one of the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie promotions! [:p] Opening tomorrow at a theater near you. [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

nursechapel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursechapel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 6:23pm
If you see the guy again, tell him how offended you were and ask for a refund of the money you paid him for the trip.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 7:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by natx
[br]I was so mad this morning after I got out at the Pentagon. This dude had the Johnny Cash or somebody cranked up the whole ride, then when he pulls off I see a he had a confederate flag in the back window of his pickup. Isn't that flag illegal to have on a military base? I can't imagine what people thought of me seeing me riding around like that.

Yeah, and what about the a**hole he had riding with him. He should be ashamed of himself riding around like that.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:31am
All in all though, you got where you were going and got to listen to some good music too. There's a lot about others we may not like and bashing doesn't really solve much. Aren't we supposed to embrace the diversity of America?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:31am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

What about the people who BLAST the gospel?
Or the crackling WTOP news??
OR OR... when the AC is so high, you have frost on your nose hairs???

Here we go with more rants. I'm from the north, and the confederate flag is a sign of racism to me, I think I would have passed on that ride- if it were me. Next time you should take a quick second(if you can) and look before you accept a ride.

:'}
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:34am
Cool GMHP! Yeah, do a walk around of the vehicle to make sure there's NOTHING that offends you. Check the trunk too (never know what lurks there). Once you get in have a thorough briefing for the trip, describing what's expected (e.g. A/C, musical/entertainment preferences, conversational limits, whatever).

How hard can we make this? Enjoy life folks. Embrace the experiences!

NoSb

carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:08am
Am I the only one who read the original post as either tongue in cheek humor or an Internet troll just looking to agitate? There's a reason these incendiary posts tend to come from new users, I'm thinking.....
HybridDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HybridDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:08am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]All in all though, you got where you were going and got to listen to some good music too. There's a lot about others we may not like and bashing doesn't really solve much. Aren't we supposed to embrace the diversity of America?

NoSb

People can only embrace diversity or open mindedness if it meets with THEIR particular viewpoints. Jeez.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic