Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change Direction of the cars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fhantom64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Direction of the cars
    Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 7:50pm
It was suggested to me by one of the morning drivers that the direction of pick up at the 17 lot in Fredericksburg is backward. If cars followed the bus route and came in from the opposite direction it would be faster for drivers to get back on the road, drivers would be lined up next to riders instead of three or four car lengths from them and the line would be on the drivers side which is easier for the drivers. I think this is a good idea and might save the person at the front of the line from having to act as a conductor for all the cars lining up to take slugs.[8D]
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 12:55pm
Sounds like a good idea. I've only been doing this for 2 years and it's been that way for at least that long. The only thing we'd have to guard against is line jumpers. If a car came up along the line and wasn't sure how the system worked, it would be easy for someone at the back to jump in and go before anyone knew what happened. Truthfully, there are very few times when the Rt17 lot has more than a couple of cars lined up. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is.
I'm with you though. Take a day off work and get up early enough to direct the line and I'll make a sign that reads "SLUG PICKUP STRAIGHT AHEAD" and place it at the bottom of the entrance ramp. I'm just not sure you can teach an old dog new tricks. [:D]
fryed_1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fryed_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 12:39pm
That or have the slugs wait at the other end. Then drivers don't have to roll down passenger windows to say their stop. Also avoids the line of cars that gets stuck winding around the parking lot, instead of in the pickup lane.
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 12:49pm
So how do we make it happen? Post a map with arrows for both slugs and cars? Send out an e-mail to the Rt17 slug list?
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2005 at 1:28pm
I see the mine road group are making changes, any further consideration on the Rt 17 line? We are almost getting to the point of splitting the line, if for no other reason than for motivation. It wouldn't look so bad if the line was shorter. We really need a campaign to get more drivers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic