Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging Success Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 9:32am
nothing but good times here...
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
I've been using the slug system for almost 5 years now and am happy to report that it's been a 95% positive experience. The even the remaining 5% were experiences no worse than raising my eyebrows and saying, "seriously? That just happened?" I've met great people, got in some good networking and heard some pretty funny snoring. Riders are usually very curteous and I strive, as a driver, to make my passengers as comfortable as I can.

One cool story- I was driving home one winter after we had had some snow, so there existed that dirty slush that sprays everywhere and makes things miserable for your windshield. I had run out of washer fluid and I had even used up what was left of my extra stuff on the way IN. Before long, my visibility was down to nada. I even tried to draft other cars to get some spray so I could use THAT liquid to see. Long story short, it became inevitable that I needed to pull over and do something about it (my passengers were getting quite nervous). I let them know that I was going to grab some snow off the side of the road to wipe my windshield. They actually got out of the vehice and helped me gather a reserve in a plastic bag so I could have some for later. It actually turned into something we all laughed about therefter and a bunch of winter horror stories were shared by all. I thought that was pretty neat.
imaslug2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imaslug2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 10:11am
Been slugging for a year now with ZERO complaint. Will actually recommend it to anybody who does not slug.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 11:05am
I've been slugging since 2003, and the good has FAR outnumbered the bad or quirky experiences. I am glad tha system is in place, and can't believe that slugging is completely independent of government intervention. Fantastic!
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 12:08pm
I've only been slugging(giving and receiving)for 8 months and I've never had any problems.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 12:23pm
I've been at this since October 01. Given all the other options, this is by far the best. Yeah, you get your occasional aggravations, but c'est la vie.

And I always mention slugging as a viable alternative to newcomers to our area.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 12:37pm
Thank goodness for this (badly needed) thread! WTG NoSB!![:X]

I have been picking up riders shortly before 9/11. My experiences have been nothing less than fantastic. I frequently have the same riders and each one of them are very cordial and pleasant. I pickup from either Tackett's Mill or Horner Road enroute to Pentagon, CC or Rosslyn. I am sooo very grateful for the slugging system! Over the years I have recruited AT LEAST 10-15 folks into the system. As a direct result of slugging, I take better care of my vehicle --ensuring that it's always serviced on time, clean smelling and litter free. Thanks for keeping me straight sluggers!!

I've had countless phenomenal conversations gaining a wealth of great advice by meeting some very intelligent, diverse professionals! Personally, I think that having contact with such a variety of races and personalities enhances my social skills.

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 12:50pm
I sleep during most of my rides, so if anything interesting happened, I missed it.
sharonji27 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonji27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 1:44pm
I usually drive and have had nothing, but great experiences. Occassionally, I will slug in and recently I did this on a Friday and the driver I was with had the air blasting to help combat the heat. At one point he offered me a bottle of water in case I was too warm since the sun was beating down on me. I had one with me so I declined, but took it to mean it was ok to drink it!!
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 2:22pm
I've been slugging since July 1995. Had been in a carpool for 11 1/2 years and since our current carpool used to break up for the summer I just decided to quit driving and become a permanent slug. It was hard getting used to at first and the lines at Potomac Mills were all lumped together but I eventually loved not waiting for others at the end of the day.

Only bad experiences were the few times that I have had to ask drivers to stay under 80 mph. A couple drivers have gotten nasty but I never ride with any of them again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic