Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging Success Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slugging Success Stories
    Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:02pm
In light of recent postings, looking to lighten things up some and possibly bring a little light into your day....This thread is being started in the hopes that long time slugs (whether you've been on slug-lines.com posting for a long time or fairly short) will pass on some of their experiences on the LIGHTER side of things.

I slugged for 4.5 years with only good experiences.

I've driven slugs for 3 years now with only good experiences (other than my driver-induced errors!).

I've slept (not much as a driver), I've talked, I've made friends, I've ridden with friends. Had some really good conversations too even on topics some would say are "off limits".

All in all, slugging is a positive experience for me. It is fun to talk with friends, family and coworkers around the country who can't believe that a system like slugging really does work.

People are willing to pry themselves out of their own car to save time/money/environment, whatever the rationale, they do it.

I'm hoping this thread (although probably not as popular as a "bashing" thread) will allow you to share your positive experiences and maybe some funny stories on the LIGHTER side of things!

Thanks for sluggin', whether you slug or drive, it works!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:12pm
Almost three years for me. Nothing exciting to report.
RCA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:15pm
Hmmmm...about 4 years all together from Woodbridge to the Burg and I have no real issues to report...Made some good friends on the line...but then again...I'm a great guy. LOL[xx(][;)]
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:26pm
I would also like to say that slugging has been a wonderful experience for me. I have never had what I would call a "bad" experience. I have generally been very impressed by the kindness of drivers and always felt they really considered it important to them to give me a safe and comfortable ride home.

Slugging is really a mutual benefit for all concerned and I am proud to call myself a slug...

122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:52pm
I've been keeping track.
About one out of 4 slugs is obnoxious. The rest not too bad, really.
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:18pm
I have been slugging for about 4 years, both driving and riding. I have had 99.9% great experiences. Oddly enough, its only this site where I have bad interactions with other slugs. Goes to show you that people talk a tougher game then they play.

I have met all types of people, and have enjoyed all the experiences, from hearing stories of drooling slugs, to those that break wind in the cars in the morning. I find them all hilarious.

The one time I thought I was really in for it (red eyed driver, empty prescription bottles in the console.) turned out to be one of the best rides. Turned out the guy was a pipefitter and had heart problems. Retired Army Airborne....Great experience.

Keep on Truckin. And thanks for the light hearted post.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:31pm
I've been slugging since 1990, so you can see it really a success for me. It's like clockwork. I think it's one of the greatest systems ever, not managed by anyone except the people who cater to it.
hondu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 8:15pm
Seven years now picking up in the am and pm and no negative experiences to speak of. The woman who has fallen asleep and snorts when she snores EVERY TIME I pick her up is as bad as it gets - and even she is barely tolerable.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 8:58am
The other day, I rode in with a gentleman who offered candy to my fellow slug and myself. I was taken aback that someone would share their candy with strangers even though it was a small gesture. I politely said "no thank you" and felt good that there are really nice people in this world.

Goober
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 9:22am
Two years and counting for me.

Caught a ride from a Hybrid driver after waiting in a rain and hail storm for 45 minutes

Rode home with a young women who sang the entire Evanescence album (loud and poorly) and talked about her Naked Wednesday's with her sister, her drug habit, and the fact that she has poor depth perception without her glasses (that she was not wearing)..

Routinely smack my husband awake when his snoring begins to be apparent..

Was told a great affordable place to have our wedding and reception,used the place, and rode with the same person again almost 6 months later and was able to say thank you!!

Occasionally fall asleep only to wake up with my mouth wide open and leaning drastically to one side...

I LOVE SLUGGIN'!!

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic