Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City Slugs (and Drivers)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City Slugs (and Drivers)
    Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 8:01am
OK, this may be a small rant (granted up front). Twice in the past 2 weeks it has happened that the CC slug line has emptied just as I pulled up to await slugs. Both times the vehicle left occupied with 4 people. Yesterday, the 4th person entered the car, but looked at me just sitting there.

My caution is this: Slugging is a supply/demand balance like many things in life. If there is no supply of slugs, then drivers will reduce their supply of rides.

It saves me (maybe other drivers too?) no time to go to Crystal City versus the Pentagon (where there's usually an abundance of slugs). I just don't care for the goatroap that one gets into going to pick up slugs--even though the time is roughly equivalent.

Thanks for your time.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 12:23pm
So .. you may have to go rope that goat - or ride alone. [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 12:46pm
If it counted as 1 for HOV purposes, I'd definitely consider it!

NoSb

P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 1:25pm
I try to take 3 only if there are no other drivers waiting OR if none of them behind me are waiting for the same destination. I hate to see a line of riders waiting in the heat or rain if they don't have to. I have no way of knowing how long it's going to be before another vehicle pulls up. [:D]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 1:31pm
It wasn't much of a rant, just an advisory to let folks know (as if they don't already, yeah, right) that continually doing that with other cars waiting will result in fewer cars and the CC slugline death spiral continues.

NoSb

pocket52 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pocket52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 8:53pm
How will i know hen it is done? [:(!]

WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
I dunno about other lots, but at Potomac Mills there's always that 15 min wave of shifting crowds (all CC slugs, all Rosslyn cars, etc) and that make a big difference on the road and making it to work on time. From the viewpoint of a slugger, if the cars are scarce and finally a CC driver pulls up and I've already been waiting for a while, I'm going to try to squeeze in. From a driver's viewpoint, it's tough to catch the tail end of the crowd, but you've got more options, like picking up Pentagon slugs, or going to another lot, without losing too much time. The problem is in the timing of the drivers and slugs, that 15 mins make a big difference.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic