Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asking a fellow slug out: A question...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 3:12pm
I tried it once & let me tell you, that pepper spray BURNS![:D]

Actually she said she was flattered but was in a serious realationship - meaning, she let me down easy.
I rode with her a couple times, made sure she didn't have a wedding ring on and waited till we got off at the same location and asked her while we were waiting to cross the street.
avparr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 3:36pm
Pass her a note

Do you like me?
Yes or No
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 3:51pm
Do it carleric. It may be the one for you.
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 4:43pm
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]Capital El O Ess E arr

LMAO!! Good one! [:D]
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 7:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]My question to you, oh wise and sage (is that redundant?) Slugging Community, is this:

Is there EVER a situation where one slug could ask another out, even if they only know each other well enough to say "hi" while in the slug line, or should I not even consider it?

(I'm leaning towards "no," incidentally)

Wow, this is really a step up. Slugs seldom talk to other people, even to recruit more slugs. Slugs have trepedations about asking other people if they can use that other person's elevator.

Asking another slug out? Go for it. That is excellent advice from the other posters. Go for it.

Read the classifieds at Slug-Lines.com for the latest in tips on recruiting slugs.

"Asking someone for a date to get a slug can have more than one meaning."

dickboyd@aol.com
Dawn7516 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn7516 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 8:21pm
I don't see anything wrong with it. :)

I agree with the others - don't do it in the car in front of others (I'm guessing you weren't planning on a public announcement) and it would be great if you had the same destination. :)

Good luck! I hope they say yes and you have a great time :)

DP
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 8:08am
I wrote my original post half in seriousness and half with tongue planted firmly in cheek (those of you who know me - which is probably none of you, now that I think about it - know that I tend to do just about everything that way). I'd like to thank you for the fact that the vast majority of your responses were serious. So, thanks.

And, in the words of another denizen of this site: "Keep on sluggin'"
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 9:14am
I agree with those who say "go for it," however, if you have only said "Hi," why not take the suggestions to first engage in conversations with her. You may change your mind or find out she is already in a relationship - OR - that she is receptive to going out with you! I would be put off by someone who asked me out and all we had said to each other is "Hi."
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 9:34am
Indeed. Fortunately, I am not going ring shopping just yet. :)
Good points all. I suppose the first step is a name, after all. Which, given my chaotic work schedule of late, might be too hard of a task for me to accomplish, but we shall see.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 9:51am
Rale is a wise person. If one bases "going out" on just looks, that seems a bit shallow. What common interests do you share that would even give this the slightest hint of potential success? Slugging? I'm hoping it's a bit more than that.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic